cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian11
First-timer (legacy)
We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails if we could easily message to these people on a regular basis while they are waiting on their order to ship.
65 Comments
eric25
First-timer (legacy)
agreed need this...
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
Shipstation - can you kindly provide a release date for this feature?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @Nate, thanks for checking in on this. This idea is still under review and hope to hear more about how you and others would use bulk emails.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
Hello. Can you provide more details/transparency on the review process? Here are some points to open the discussion: 1. What are some concerns SS has about this request? 1a. If you do create a bulk email feature for existing orders, just make it wide open and customizable like you already do with your templates. Users will be able to insert their own trigger points that are already present in your automation tools. 2. Can a list of workarounds be created that would limit SS exposure to large email quantity? i.e. -create PDF template that can be attached and emailed through desktop client email. 3. Help SS users understand why a review may take 2-3 years. ( the design process of a recent Lexus grille took 3.5 years to complete
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
One more clarification: ShipStation currently has everything in place for emails. The only thing missing is to be able to make emails work with existing unshipped orders that have already been imported. If you allowed emails to work with orders in that status you would solve it.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
I would use it to let customers know when their order will ship if it's backordered.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @nate, Thanks for reaching out! Additional feedback is always appreciated. This idea is still on our radar, and we'll update you here when we have more information. The ShipStation product team closely monitors the feedback forum to understand the business challenges at hand. We're constantly prioritizing new integrations and ideas based on comments, votes, and helping you ship efficiently--to name a few factors. Please keep an eye on our blog and release notes to see what else we've been working on.
stove
New Contributor
During the hurricane I would have liked to be able to easily notify my pending orders by e-mail that there is a delay.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
Ok - let's get started on this one Admin. It'd sure be a great addition to help communicate with customers in the 4th qtr.
nate5
First-timer (legacy)
I see the email packing slip feature is available in the mobile app when you go to print a packing slip. Let’s get this email packing slip capability on the desktop version. Being able to send the customer a custom email anytime during orde processing is grand.