cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh42
First-timer (legacy)
Love the branded returns page, however we'd like to have the option to customize more to our liking. 1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return 2. When reason of return is "Other" have a notes field for customer to enter details of return 3. Ability to disable certain products from being allowed to be returned
72 Comments
tcorona
First-timer (legacy)
On board with the rest of these comments. Our main concern is for items labeled FINAL SALE. Ideally, we would like to disable the option to return on these items. But really, we would settle for the ability to pull the FINAL SALE messaging onto each line item so that the customer is further aware. This messaging already lives on the Packaging Slip, so I imagine pulling the field text would not be too difficult. Overall, it seems that having the ability to make this return portal more customized would be ideal. Ability to code in messaging on the front end, or further update error messaging when the customer cannot create a return label would be amazing as well.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @All. Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you're currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
kendra1
First-timer (legacy)
This feature would help for us to better narrow down pain points or specific issues customers are having with products so that we can modify our production. Right now we use this feature on ShipStation to pull reports on which products get returned most frequently and specifically for what reasons. Being able to create custom fields for this would greatly increase our ability to improve our products for our customers.
Hilary
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with all of these points. We could really use a Returns Portal that allowed more reasons (customized) reasons for return. Additionally, our apparel categories have different return policies. We sell Halloween costumes and we don't want customers to have the same return policy for costumes as we do with other non-seasonal items that we sell. It would be really nice if we could set different return deadlines for certain products or categories in our store. I've seen other return platforms that offer this customization so it would be nice if ShipStation could also add this feature.
liftangry
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to see an option for customers to get an additional email notification once a return/exchange has been processed so they receive the tracking for their item. We received several emails per week from customers asking where their exchange is in the process and what the tracking number is for their processed package coming back out to them. Currently we are forced to manually retrieve this information and respond to their request.
traci
First-timer (legacy)
Definitely need to be able edit/customize our own reasons for return. They're too general right now and therefore ineffective for reporting. Would like to be able to have a field for customer notes regarding the return or exchange as well. If they could say what they want to exchange for, it would make the process much smoother. As it is now, we have to personally contact the customer for each return/exchange to finalize the transaction.
sroznows
First-timer (legacy)
I also agree with all of the items pointed out here. Really need to be able to customize the return reasons. It presents a weird/confusing experience if the reasons are not the same as the reasons for the return packaging.
dev8
First-timer (legacy)
I just implemented the self service return portal and there's a disconnect between customers being able to choose exchange as a reason but not having anywhere to put what they want to exchange it for. Right now we are just refunding them and telling them to place a new order but that creates some friction and could lead to those people deciding against spending the money again. Another option would be to have them enter their email in the returns portal and have an automated email ask them what they would like to exchange their product for. Either way, it seems odd that a customer can choose exchange as an option but then there is nowhere to put what you want or what you should do next.
tcorona
First-timer (legacy)
Adding on to my original post since I did not mention this (but so many other people have): CUSTOMIZABLE RETURN REASONS: The return reasons you have are very general, and some don't even make sense for my company. (We are a fashion brand, so Rental and Warranty don't make sense). The return reasons also need to mirror our packing slip return reasons.
webmaster11
First-timer (legacy)
Strongly agree with everyone. Customization of the Returns portal will make businesses run smoother, especially in retail applications.