cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
wil
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an edit button, changing what needs changed, and hitting save. I have two customers with the same name. Lets call them John Smith and Smith Electrical Corporation. I send a package to Smith Electrical about once a month. John Smith ordered once from our website over two years ago. Whenever I type "Smith" when making a new order, guess who comes up as the first result! There's no need for John to still be in the system, why can't I easily delete his record?
91 Comments
resilientsystem
First-timer (legacy)
Is there not enough frustration leading to anger with your customers or in this thread yet? Apparently not. Can ShipStation *PLEASE* add this feature. This is ridiculous that we have to grovel and beg for basic functionality. Also, this isn't some 80/20 or even 95/5 percent functionality (only 5% or less would use this feature). This is BASIC functionality. This was first requested over 5 years ago! "February 18, 2016" Get your devs on this NOW, please! Your competitors are growing in ability - and they are hungry for business. I'm going to have to take a look around again and see if my business is better served elsewhere.
shawn1
First-timer (legacy)
We are actually deciding that this is not worth using because of the inability to edit customers info. I have to be able to edit the incorrect info and then resend the tracking info to the customer. To future customers: If they don't fix this don't bother with ship station until they fix it. It just causes you problems down the road.
doug1
Occasional Contributor
I'm really tired of this negative and inconvenient situation. I'm also REALLY annoyed that even after I consistently check "Keep Me Logged In", it logs me out after a few minutes. I use SS all day long, and have to repeatedly log back in again. It even logs me out while I'm in the midst of creating a shipping label, so I have to log back in and start all over again !!! Very frustrating. I am now looking at alternatives to SS....there is at least one similar one out there which I've found.
david_dean
Frequent Contributor
Can you post any SS alternatives you recommend to this thread? I am also often bothered by these issues - even if they are not part of the core functionality the complete lack of interest that SS shows to address them is the most troubling.
CoolBreeze
First-timer

Hi,

I wanted to send a package to a new person not listed in Customers. I assumed\hoped there would be a way to manually add the new customer. Alas, I couldn't find a manual entry feature. I had to download the sample CSV file, update the CSV file, and the import the updated CSV file. Seems like a lot of extra steps to simply add one new customer.

Once I had the new customer added I noticed I didn't set the Name field correctly. I clicked on the name, ShipStation displayed a Customer detail form. But, oh no, I couldn't edit the fields to fix the name. I had to reopen the CSV file, fix the name, and reimport it to ShipStation. Again, seems like a lot of extra steps to fix one field in the customer record.

So would be great if I can:

* Manually add a new customer w/o having to edit and import CSV files.

* Manually edit the customer record w/o having to edit and import CSV files.

Ed

Status changed to: Investigating

admin62
New Contributor

How is this not a thing? I've just been chatting to support who appear to think it's normal to expect you to upload a CSV file to change something as simple as an email or a house number on an address!

This is 2022!!!! Make it possible to edit the data using the web GUI, or I will move to another platform!

maypoon
New Contributor

The customer list should be allowed people to add, edit and delete manually on the portal rather than uploading csv file. When can we have this functionality in ShipStation?

Please take a action now!

Thank you

support125
First-timer

It is 2022. The fact this is not a feature is inexcusable. 

MrCroquet
Contributor

I couldn't agree more. We shipped to a customer via UPS with a typo on the address  (eg: 123 Main St. instead of 1123 Main St.) Because we couldn't edit the customer address, it was repeated on a repeat order. That caused an 'address correction' fee from UPS twice. The best I can do at this point is to import the customer into Shipstation with the correct address but there's no way to attach the historical orders to the new customer details.

Please unlock your customer files so edits can be made, saving time & money to Shipstation users!