cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
wil
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an edit button, changing what needs changed, and hitting save. I have two customers with the same name. Lets call them John Smith and Smith Electrical Corporation. I send a package to Smith Electrical about once a month. John Smith ordered once from our website over two years ago. Whenever I type "Smith" when making a new order, guess who comes up as the first result! There's no need for John to still be in the system, why can't I easily delete his record?
91 Comments
mferneau
Occasional Contributor

I can only echo what everybody else has stated here for almost 5 years. We have a customer database that we've reformatted for shipstation. The problem for us is the inability to remove old information. I believe we can call and request deletions, but where is the efficiency in that? Please allow us to directly edit the customer database.

johnnyFTK
New Contributor

Using a csv upload to edit a customer record is ridiculous! This should be an easy feature to add to the interface, and we've been asking for years to have this in place. Please make this a priority.

stefaniesomers
First-timer

We just shipped to the wrong address for the same customer for the third time in a row. When you're shipping over a dozen packages and on a time clock it's impossible to remember to change the address - it's just insanity that we can't go in and change the damn address for someone. I am gobsmacked to find that it's not possible to change this info. As we get busier this may actually kick ShipStation out of the running for our business. This cannot keep happening. It is just dumb.

dtguktf
New Contributor

Adding to this post that this is needed to allow subject deletion requests under GDPR.

Asking on live chat each time is not ideal.

frank98110
New Contributor

This has legit been an issue since 2016?! That's insane. I just posted about it. 

Is there something comparable to shipstation I should look at? I can't believe simple functionality like this is not a given.

beloitplastics
First-timer

We have 106 pages of redacted customers that we would like to remove.  Is there any way to do that?

eberlelinda
New Contributor

Wow...this is still a problem in  2024! I have B. Jones which should be B. Stone...error on the listening part of the phone call when taking an order. I have dozens of things I'd correct as the owner of the company! Names in ALL lower case, abbreviations that are incorrect in the USPS but NOT ShipStation. PLEASE...let us know if this has been updated. Thank you!

AnthemDisplays
First-timer

The best way to delete is to select all of the bad addresses then for the last address choose a good address and merge them all together keeping the good address. This declutters and eliminates all of the wrong and outdated addresses. 

PDI0750
First-timer

We really need this function so that my shipping team knows not to send out stuff to old clients, if we can delete the older clients names and add the new ones, it would help us out greatly, doesnt seem like this should be a hard fix I wouldnt think, let us know, thanks~

bmwnc2
First-timer

We are a potential new client - because of this issue of not being able to edit/delete existing "customers" I fear we may not be able to use this service - which otherwise would fit all of our needs perfectly.