cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
wil
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an edit button, changing what needs changed, and hitting save. I have two customers with the same name. Lets call them John Smith and Smith Electrical Corporation. I send a package to Smith Electrical about once a month. John Smith ordered once from our website over two years ago. Whenever I type "Smith" when making a new order, guess who comes up as the first result! There's no need for John to still be in the system, why can't I easily delete his record?
91 Comments
adam27
First-timer (legacy)
Unfortunately, I can only vote for this 3 times. This is the second major feature missing from Shipstation that I've found in as many days. We need some movement on some of these seemingly little features that cause us big headaches.
adam27
First-timer (legacy)
armynavyadam
First-timer (legacy)
How did this function (we can all agree its a function, not a feature) not get built into the very first version of shipstation? I mean, we literally have self driving cars, and Shipstation wants me to edit a csv file so that I can change a single digit in an address? Am I taking crazy pills?
info190
First-timer (legacy)
We'd really like to be able to edit/add/delete customers in our database. We've had two incidents where we had previously shipped to a customer at their new address, but it didn't show up when we searched for them, so we sent to the old address not knowing. And somehow an email address wrong under another customer's name and it cant be changed and we have to pay attention to which name we're sending it under so a random customer doesn't get a shipment notification for a package that's not theirs. I now have to track down the package so we don't need to reship it at our cost. It'd be great to have this feature.
Director
First-timer (legacy)
For whatever reason, I cannot Delete customers. (Strange, but that's the way it is.) So, why can't I at least have the option to Archive customers?
twentyfourblack
First-timer (legacy)
Looks like still no ability to edit customers---your customers have been asking for years---what;'s the hold up shipstation?
skincare
First-timer (legacy)
It's 2019 and we still can't edit a single customer record! crazy making.....
skincare
First-timer (legacy)
Making it possible to edit customer information is not rocket science lazy shipstation dudes.
jzha
First-timer (legacy)
have the ability to manage customers. easily add, remove, or edit customer profile.
info436
First-timer (legacy)
How is this not a feature yet?