cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
adammorgan
First-timer (legacy)
We would find this feature incredibly useful!
Chris29
First-timer (legacy)
Found this thread when looking for this functionality. I currently use auto rules through outlook but would love to nix that and consolidate. We love this to keep track of orders.
bobby1
First-timer (legacy)
Can you at least implement a beta version of this feature, with a warning that slips may show as printed when they havenรข€™t due to hardware issues? I know for us (and many like us) this would suffice. Then develop a solution to the secondary problem later?
info176
First-timer (legacy)
This is a basic feature of a shipping solution. Print a packing slip when an order comes in. You guys need to get it done. it's been YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - It's 2021, it's time to do this. You could make most of us happy by just adding a few simple automation rules. Then work on the "challenges" like "sleep" or "hardware issue" later by adding more robust features and fixes. Please make the effort.
erezhenya
First-timer (legacy)
PLEASE, by all means, do this! Every "challenge" is wokrable. Feel free to consult me for ideas how.
contact10
First-timer
Please make auto printing a feature. This would help a lot!
scott6
First-timer (legacy)
I can't believe you can't detect an unsuccessful print--I thought that was one of the reasons you built ShipStation Connect. As for other products? InstantLabel does this, as does Shipworks. SAP has this facility as well.
sarah1
Occasional Contributor
It would be super useful to show if the packing slip has been printed in the AWAITING SHIPMENT view - this is where I see new orders (and know if I need to print a packing slip or not) NOT in the SHIPMENT view!
ja
Occasional Contributor
This is such an important feature to us that I don't know if we can work without it. We just started onboarding with ShipStation, but we might have to go somewhere else if we cannot find some way to work around this. Our previous solution could Auto-print packing slips when a new order came in, so I thought it was a no-brainer that ShipStation could do it. I was quite wrong. For our workflow, it wouldn't matter if the process was real-time or scheduled (run rule every 10 minutes, for example). What matters is having a clean way to print NEW orders only so our team can keep track of orders in production. We don't want duplicates, and we certainly don't want to miss an order. In our previous system, this action was triggered every five minutes. It worked great most of the time, but there were some rare occasions where the slip did not print for some reason. In these situations, we would usually find out about the issue on the day the order in question was due to be shipped. Not ideal, but our workflow at least allowed us to re-print the missing order and move on. The point here is I would rather have a feature that is not 100% perfect than have no feature at all. Even if ShipStation cannot tell if an order printed successfully, that is OK. It's not ideal, but it is OK. Just put up a disclaimer notifying us to be alert for any failures and work toward a better way to monitor for failures. I love ShipStation, and I was over the moon with joy to be coming back to it. The interface is FAR superior to what we were on before and the customizations are a breath of fresh air compared to our previous solution. However, this one missing feature has thrown a massive wrench into my plans. I still love ShipStation, but I am definitely less confident in my decision to return.
admin2
First-timer
Hello, There is a workaround to get this done. We had to get some custom development just to get this completed. Since I am a software developer, we have managed to get every new order to automatically print as it comes in to ShipStation. The method used was Zapier + PrintNode. Unfortuantly there are no out of the box apps for Zapier and PrintNode, so we created a custom PrintNode App just to integrate with Zapier. It is a premium solution (Not free ~ $25 USD per month) but it works like a charm and it is worth every penny. Once it is configured, our production life is that much better!! But I do agree, this is a "No-brainer" solution, that shipstation should have implemented years ago.