cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
jroberts1
First-timer (legacy)
Greetings Ship Station Tech Team, My name is Jeffrey Roberts and I am a developer for VMR Products, http://www.v2cigs.com We are currently building out a new site using Magento, and we are going to be using Ship Station as our shipping solution. We have one hang up though. We currently ship over a thousand orders everyday, and sometimes as high as 4 thousand or more orders on sale days. Approximately 1% of our orders have a total line item count greater than 20, and our highest line item count to date is 93. Ideally, we would like to print the shipping label and the packing slip on a half label half detachable slip medium, however, this does not work for our 1% of orders containing line items greater than 10. To switch up our fulfillment process for 1% of our orders will be a logistics nightmare. The solution I see that will solve this challenge is to add a checkbox to your packing slip design view that if checked, will allow two or more pages to be printed. As of now, the system only allows for a single page to be printed. By adding the ability to print 2 or more pages will prevent a shipping horror story from occurring. This solution is vital to our fulfillment process. Thank you! Jeffrey
27 Comments
info1136
First-timer (legacy)
Jeffrey, I'm currently running into the same issue, did this ever get resolved?
natalie4
First-timer (legacy)
Not yet =[
beth6
First-timer (legacy)
We have the same issue. Most of the orders will fit on one page, but the occasional one doesn't and causes huge issues.
robeback00
First-timer (legacy)
I'm having the same issue. It'd be nice if it just continued on the the next page and then there was a page break at the end of the line items so that the next label started on it's own page.
webmaster24
First-timer (legacy)
Same issue here, kind of ridiculous this isn't standard.
robeback00
First-timer (legacy)
We have to print pack slips separately and have someone independently do that order. It's very time consuming and interrupts our operating procedures greatly.
webmaster24
First-timer (legacy)
We do it the same way Ultradinc does it. However we are only passively selling right, once we launch I fear this method will be difficult due to volume. At our price point customers tend to buy more of individual products.
alex53
First-timer (legacy)
To get around this we manually process larger orders separately, and print a packing slip to attach with the order. This ensures we see every item included in the order. The most frustrating part? Not sending items that were ordered and paid for, dealing with annoyed customers, and then paying at OUR COST to reship the missing items. Our employees know to watch out for this, but it's inefficient and not 100% reliable.
website
First-timer
Allow the packing slip and Shipping label to print off at the same time on two different printers without having to hit print button twice. We use a barcode (order number) which is scanned to print 4x6 shipping label & 4x6 packing slip, on label. Our label printers have the ability to peel the backing from the label when printed. I'd like to use two label printers(zebra) one for packing slip (not peeling backing from label) and the other for shipping label( backing being removed). This would shave 10 seconds off each packaged shipped as shipper would no longer have to tear off packing slip from shipping label and peel label from backing. Would save 1hr or more a day when shipping 500 packages. I posted this under this request as this would allow packing slips to be multiple pages long or different size paper/printer, yet still only print one shipping label.
jon29
First-timer (legacy)
WIth one click, we would like to send a 8.5x11 packing slip print job and a 4x6 label print job to two separate printers. Is there any technical reason why this can't be an option in the future? We really would like 1 - 4x6 label and 1 - 8.5x11 packing slip to pop out per shipment. As of today only the shipping labels print, and then we have to manually print out each packing slip 1 at a time and then match them up. We can print both shipping label and packing slips with one click to the 4x6 printer if we choose that option but the packing slip is too small to read and there isn't enough room really. (full page packing slips are best)