cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecenterinc
First-timer (legacy)
Much easier to read if you make the 4x6 packing slip in a landscape format, You can increase the font size and still keep everything in-line.
16 Comments
chris123
First-timer (legacy)
I agree. Takes extra for me to reformat things the way I need it for the shipping department.
info1100
First-timer (legacy)
This is a great idea. Can one do this on ones own or does this have to be feature created by shipstation? Wouldn't it just need to be recoded in the templates window ? Does anyone have a sample code?
paintapart
First-timer
I agree with this request. Vertical packing slips, for us, waste more than half the bottom portion of the 4x6 sheet. We are allowed to increase the font size, but that just drives text off the page. I can currently turn the sheet landscape, in print settings, but the text just rotates along with it… defeating the purpose. To create a landscape print setting would allow the packing slip text to maximize a much greater area of the sheet, allowing for larger text size, and ultimately a much greater visibility.
support236
First-timer (legacy)
I second this request. We had been using a landscape format packing slip from Desktop Shipper and it worked out great for my warehouse people. Bigger fonts and Location / Qty much easier to read. This would be a great addition to the template section for packing slips.
john38
Occasional Contributor
Agreed.... There is much wasted space on these current packing slips when most orders are < 5 items. There is a reason Amazon.com uses landscape packing slips!
geoff1
First-timer (legacy)
Using 4x6 labels on a thermal printer, I have it set to print a label and packing slip. The label comes out in the correct portrait configuration, followed by a packing slip in a landscape format. The packing slip takes up about 1/3 of the label leaving the bottom 2/3 blank. When using shippingeasy I never had this issue. I see that in the settings I can alter the HTML. Does anyone know how to rotate the packing slip via HTML? Or perhaps there's another way. I spoke to ShipStation and they were not aware of any way to do this and recommended HTML edits.
geoff1
First-timer (legacy)
Hello, I cannot believe this hasn't been addressed yet, as it's been since 2012. I too require this for my business. Moving over from Shippingeasy, this is something they offer. This should not be a time consuming task. It would be great to see Shipstation folks take care of this. I'm positive there are more people who would benefit from this who are just accepting the way it is currently.
creative1
First-timer (legacy)
This is something that we desperately need for our business too! I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to offer this option or at the very least to offer instructions on how to edit the HTML for this purpose! Anyone who uses a thermal printer for their packing slips would benefit immensely if this option were included. Please consider making this change, we absolutely love everything else about Shipstation, this would make it practically perfect in every way!
snks_wellseason
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with this need. From this point of view, if you were running the football and dropped it on the one-yard line. Your asking the crowd to please submit a request to pick the ball up and score. You will only pick the ball up after so many requests. This shouldn't be a lot of effort to add this feature.
ShipstationUSA
First-timer (legacy)
Why hasn't this been done!!!!!