cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TEmaggiec
New Contributor

When I'm building bundles in ShipStation I always set it to NOT show the bundle on the packing slip so our shipping team knows what items to pull. When I do this, the individual component items are marked as $0.00 on the packing slip which causes confusion for our shipping team and customers. I'd love to see the retail price displayed for the bundle components on the packing slip so the order total and the price of all individual items on the packing slip is aligned.

5 Comments
CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @TEmaggiec!

Thank you for your suggestion. We’ve passed it along to our development team for review.

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

mschmoyer1
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TEmaggiec hey there! Have you looked at printing pick lists for picking? I know there are valid reasons for not using them (such as not wanting to consume extra paper) but we'd love to have feedback on why your business may not want to use them? 

On the packing slip, we are looking at improvements here, including more bundle support. We have a couple different ideas on how a packing list could look with bundles but I'd love to hear how you think it should look? For example, would you expect to see the Bundle as a line item at the top with a price, and the components listed below that bundle? What price would each component item have? What if they bought this bundle at a discount like 25% off? 

TEmaggiec
New Contributor

@mschmoyer1 Thanks for reaching out! The team is super excited to have some eyes on this. We use bundles as a simple way for our customers to purchase coordinating products in one easy click. When we sell discounted bundles, we like to set a quantity limit on those which means we don't utilize the system's bundle feature, instead we physically package all those items into a single bag/box and sell/pick/ship it as a single product. We always use the packing slip when picking so the team can use one piece of paper to pick, scan and verify all the products in the shipment. I also always uncheck the 'show bundle on packing slip' box so our shipping team can see each component they can pull. After discuss all the options you mentioned above, the team has concluded that we won't change how we're doing things and would love to see the prices added to the packing slip for each component item. We felt that adding the bundle name above the components on the packing slip may cause some confusion for the order fulfillment team because they won't always know that the bundle is built in the system vs. physically built as a separate product, if that makes sense. We're just hoping to keep it as clear and succinct for our picking team while causing minimal confusion for our customers. Their invoice will show the name of the bundle they purchased, the packing slip will show the components of the bundle (and ideally the price of each component). Which will then ensure that the Total at the bottom of the packing slip will match the total of all individual items. Now I'm rambling. Happy to provide more clarification if needed. 🙂

mschmoyer1
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TEmaggiec very helpful information, thank you!

One follow-up: when you mention a price of each component shown on the packing slip, which price value would you expect to see there? Currently in Shipstation, the price of bundle components is $0. We have an experimental feature which sets the component item prices to an evenly distributed slice of the total price of the bundle from your selling channel. Would either of those be the price you expect to see there? Or something else? 

TEmaggiec
New Contributor

@mschmoyer1 sorry for my delay. I don't seem to be getting notified when you @ me in this feed. I think what I'd expect to see is the price of the component as it is set in Thrive/BigCommerce, basically what would show on the packing slip if the customer had purchased all components of the bundle individually.

The reason for that is that while some of our bundles are simple (e.g. three ink pads that are the same price, just different colors) we do have many bundles that are multiple product types with a wide range of prices. One example is our Spooktacular Bundle with two rubber stamps and a steel die ranging in price from $15 to $28 each.