cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing sent order emails

IDScan
New Contributor

We are using the [Item List SHOWOPTIONS] tag to show order options detail on emails to customer when their order ships. We would like to have each option begin a new line. Notice in the attached photo it's confusing to read what options are being sent. Is there a way to have each : begin a new line?

Screenshot 2022-08-22 11.29.24 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hello there @IDScan

It certainly may be possible to list those options on individual lines, however, I do not possess this knowledge as I am not an expert in html writing. Perhaps another community member IS that type of expert we need, and can share how they have made this adjustment to their packing slip. 

I know some users have had some success with freelance sites like "Fiverr" or similar for coding experts, if there are no such experts here currently.

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

IDScan
New Contributor

Can you share where this can be done? We can do the coding, but do not know where to do it in Shipstation settings.

@IDScan

Happy to point you in the right direction! 

Starting at Settings (gear icon in the top right) > Email Templates (under Customer Communication) > Triple dots under ACTION column for the template you'd like to make those changes to > Click the "code view" option to enter the html editor mode (Shown here in the red box). 

As a heads up, creating an additional template to use as a "sandbox template" of sorts prior to changing the template that is actively being used has helped me tremendously.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

IDScan
New Contributor

We are familiar with the code view but the "field replacements" remain [item list SHOWOPTIONS] and are not editable.

Hey there @IDScan

I reached out to my team to see if this was an option, and they let me know that a potential solution for you be to could write that field replacement as [Item Options Linebreak]. The list of field replacements can't be edited currently, but in the code view, you should be able to add this type of field replacement manually.