cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email about new ShipStation Connect Version Today

ARCreef
Contributor

Today I received an email that said a new SS connect is out with "new features"... is this trap?  Has anyone installed the new version and not lived to regret it? Printing was never an issue for me so I'm surprised to see a new version of connect came out with all the new version issues right now that still aren't addressed.   It kinda sounds like the new version just allows autoupdate and the old did not?  Autoupdate would not be a feature I would like or trust.

Hello,

ShipStation Connect has provided users the most efficient and versatile way to print labels in ShipStation for years. Today, we’re happy to announce an upgrade with our newest version. Our team has built the new ShipStation Connect platform with one mission in mind: Make printing labels simple and reliable. 

Why upgrade?

• ShipStation Connect will now auto-update when our team builds exciting new features within ShipStation Connect.
  • The redesigned system runs smoother and faster than ever before and will allow us to release even more feature enhancements soon.
  • We’re introducing support for 10.12.x MacOS Monterey.
  • If you have multiple users on your account, it’s easier than ever to share your printers to all account users.

There are a few steps that are necessary for you to enjoy this new version of ShipStation Connect, including uninstalling the current version you are running. 

2 REPLIES 2

service41
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't trust anything this company puts out at this time.   It appears from this vantage point there is internal turmoil in the company,  The new owners are a private equity firm that has a track record of buying companies and running them into the ground.

R_Dani
Occasional Contributor

I really, really, really hope you are wrong about this Thoma Bravo company....

"I wouldn't trust anything this company puts out at this time.   It appears from this vantage point there is internal turmoil in the company,  The new owners are a private equity firm that has a track record of buying companies and running them into the ground."