cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free Shipping Checkout Rate not Showing in Shopify Store?

lvworkshop
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to set up free shipping for a select number of products in my Shopify store. In order to do that in Shopify I had to create a shipping profile and then add the products I want to have free shipping into that profile. On the Shipstation side of things I created a free shipping checkout rate and then in Shopify I linked that free shipping checkout rate to the free shipping profile. And that works if you buy something from that shipping profile, it shows free shipping at checkout.

The problem is if you buy something from the free shipping profile but also buy something else that isn't part of that profile, free shipping is no longer shown. Instead it shows a shipping rate based on the item that I do not offer free shipping on.

Here's an example. I offer free shipping on a sign. Someone adds the sign to their cart and it shows free shipping. However, they also decide to buy a notebook which I do not provide free shipping for and instead have a standard shipping rate. Now at checkout, the customer no longer sees free shipping from the sign. Instead they only see the standard shipping rate from the notebook. I'm looking to make it so that if you buy something with free shipping, then that whole order will have free shipping. Is there a way to do this? 

1 REPLY 1

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @lvworkshop!

Thank you for the post and for letting us know about the issue you are running into. In this situation, I suggest you contact the support team at ShipSation. Most likely, something was done incorrectly on the Shopify end when setting up the rate strategies. We want to assist you with troubleshooting before you reach out to Shopify. 

We appreciate your business!

-Happy Shipping!

-Cara