cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Important Shipping Charges Update From Shipstation

steven10
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone else received the below email and is Shipstation going to prove where they undercharged us?

Dear valued merchant,

We would like to bring to your attention an issue regarding shipping charges that occurred in May and June 2023. Due to a technical error, your account was inadvertently undercharged for shipping fees. In an attempt to rectify this error, the fees were mistakenly refunded to your account.

Over the next week, we will be applying the correct charges to your ShipStation Carrier Account to accurately reflect the shipping fees incurred.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for your understanding and continued support.If you need any technical or account support, please visit our help center to contact ShipStation Support.

Get Ship Done,

The ShipStation Team
www.ShipStation.com

7 REPLIES 7

beckybee
Contributor

Say WHAT??? So the rate that we were shown to be the rate using our UPS Shipstation account were not the true rates? We choose between our UPS rates, Shipstation rates, and USPS. What type of rinky dink outfit have they become? There is NO WAY they can now come back and charge for rates 3 months ago. If I buy a gallon of milk in May and the store then states hey we undercharged you by 10 cents they can't now charge us 3 months later.

I sense a possible class action if this occurs!

steven10
Occasional Contributor

You would think there would be a better explanation.

Hello @steven10

Thanks for reaching out and for being a part of our community. There was a technical error that caused shipping adjustments from the carrier from being posted to accounts that since been addressed and resolved. These are valid billing adjustments that were assessed by the carrier but they were delayed hitting your accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. 

I have linked some information below about Carrier Adjustments to review what they are,  why they may occur, and steps you can take to limit them from occuring in the future. 

Why Was I Charged a UPS, USPS, or FedEx Billing Adjustment? 

UPS from ShipStation: Post-Shipping Adjustments

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

steven10
Occasional Contributor

This doesnt answer my question???

"is Shipstation going to prove where they undercharged us?" and on what packages?

Hello @steven10

My apologies it looks like I might have hyperlinked our blog twice.  What you are looking for can be found in this help center article: UPS from ShipStation: Post-Shipping Adjustments. This article reviews how you can view your carrier adjustments from within ShipStation.  This will show you the adjustments that were assessed for the shipments. As I stated earlier, this was a delay of postage adjustments and they will be outlined in the report this article covers. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

exasperated
Occasional Contributor

That sounds typical of Shipstation...they suck! Don't expect them to back you up when UPS charges bogus Post shipping Adjustments either. I've learned the hard way... You're much better off to go directly through the carrier. The pence of a savings is not worth it when there is a problem. Their (practically non existent) customer service is as lame as it gets!

exasperated
Occasional Contributor

It may not directly answer your question, but it's another example of how unreliable and unprofessional shipstation is. Don't count on getting ANY satisfaction out of them. RUN don't walk away from their scam business practices! It's MUCH better to work directly with the shipper.