cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FedEx Ground warning message

sbaine
New Contributor

We just started getting these warnings for FedEx Ground ship method. How to disable this so we can print batch?

FEDEX MAY ADD A HOME DELIVERY SURCHARGE TO THIS SHIPMENT LATER IF THIS...

-or- Should I change all Ground Ship method to FedEx Home Delivery and hope it gets corrected by FedEx?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

PhotosByJon
Occasional Contributor

My understanding is that the resulting charge is based on the type of address anyway.
Is the Home symbol showing by the address or is it the Ground symbol? I just go by that.
There may be some confusion, or a thought, that you might want to choose Ground instead of Home in order to force a Monday delivery, instead of a Tuesday delivery. However, I THINK… I’m not totally sure here… But I THINK that sometimes a ground shipment might get routed to a home driver anyway, if it is indeed a residential address. Also, I noticed that the ground price I get - on a residential address -is not a normal ground price… i.e. it is adding a residential surcharge. And sometimes the price for ground to a residential address is higher than the same address as a home delivery. So pricing should not be a reason to do it.
Again, as I understand it, ultimately the pricing is based on the address. But I would love the expertise of others if I need to be corrected.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hi @sbaine

Thank you for your post and for being a part of our Community. I think I might be able to provide some clarification on what you are seeing. 

@PhotosByJon has the right idea here.  FedEx Ground shipping is mainly used for commercial addresses. When this method is used for Residential addresses FedEx adds a home delivery surcharge.

This has always been the case with FedEx, but we have recently added this warning message to ShipStation to increase transparency.  If you would like to continue using Ground shipping for residential orders, you still can, but if you prefer to avoid the extra charge you can use  Home Delivery instead. 

If you would like to learn more about FedEx Home Delivery, you can check out the link below. 

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/home-delivery.html

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager