cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipstation + UPS Claims are abysmal.

thegearattic
Contributor

Highly recommend not shipping UPS via Shipstations account as if you have a claim your are screwed.  We have a package where tracking clearly shows the item is not delivered and every time we contact Shipstation "support" we are told they will get back in touch.. weeks have gone by and we have no answers and have lost a customer.  Terrible process and terrible support. 

14 REPLIES 14

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @thegearattic

Thank you for reaching out to us on community. I apologize that you have had trouble with this claim. I have reached out directly to the support team working on your case and someone will be in touch. 

It looks like UPS needs to see the original invoice for the  order to confirm to the order values. If you send this to our support team we should be able to move forward. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

Still no solution, shipstation should be ashamed of hanging us out like this.

beckybee
Contributor

DO NOT call shipstation at all - we always call UPS directly to file a claim, etc. Shipstation can't help you on this - call UPS!

If you ship on Shipstations UPS account then everything must go through them as they are the account holder.  UPS is of no help, Shipstation just keeps kicking the can down the road.  

That is completely not true - in fact it's 1000% untrue! We have shipped with Shipstation for many years and also UPS for 20 years. If we have a claim using our Shipstaton UPS account - we ALWAYS contact UPS for damages, etc. NEVER any problem getting them paid. 

You can fill out the claim form online with UPS and you are simply the 3rd party when you fill out the claim. In fact, UPS has updated all the claim info. since they know many folks are using various shippers like Shipstation today.

We've have NEVER reached out to Shipstation with an UPS claim when shipping on our Shipstation UPS account. Shipstation might tell you this, but that is not correct. UPS has never once had an issue with us doing so and we've done so a good dozen times in the past few years with our Shipstation UPS account.

On the UPS claims dashboard you would check 3rd party when submitting a claim.  https://www.ups.com/claims/create?loc=en_US 

If you ship on your own UPS account yes but I guarantee when I call and we give them the Shipstation account we are told to contact shipstation... and even when putting 3rd party in it only lets me view the claim but no action can be taken. 

Hello @thegearattic

I was able to take a look at your case and I am sending you a DM to provide further information about the specifics. 

beckybee
Contributor

Do you have an UPS rep. - do you have your own UPS account number as well? As we've NEVER been told this and currently have a claim in with UPS for a package crushed using our Shipstation UPS account. Have you ever tried to fill out the form using the link I just sent you? We can call the UPS preferred team and absolutely no issue giving them our Shipstation UPS account number with the tracking info. NEVER 

beckybee
Contributor

You will get nowhere with calling Shipstation for your damage. They have 1 National account rep. supporting them and Shipstation could care less about your package! Do you have your own UPS number as well? Let me know and I will give you an UPS preferred team member to call.

Hello @beckybee ,

Thank you for being a part of our community and for stepping up to help the community.

This being said, if you used ShipStation's UPS rates, you will need to file your claim directly via ShipStation. UPS will refer any claims for Shipments made with a ShipStation UPS account back to ShipStation. Please note that filing in two places could result in further delays and confusion, this will not expedite your process.

thegearattic
Contributor

Still no resolution and every time we contact Shipstation we get the same run around.  Over 7 weeks to get a claim sorted out is ridiculous.  

thegearattic
Contributor

We are not on month 2 with no resolution.. Shipstation keeps lying to me saying there is still an investigation while UPS says no there is not the item is lost but that Shipstation must contact them as they are the account holder.  What gives?

Hello thegearattic, 

I can understand that this process taking longer than expected could cause frustration, especially when you might be hearing conflicting information. If you contacted UPS directly it is likely the information they were able to provide you is limited since ShipStation is the account holder. I can confirm that there is an open claim for this package. 

The best place to reach out for further updates and concerns about this issue will be to do so directly through your ticket with support. Please reach out to us on your ticket directly. I can see that you were able to do this earlier today and that our support team is working with you.

TruckPartsShip
Occasional Contributor

This is why we do as little 3rd party shipping as possible. We have a UPS account which gives us rates that are as low as half of the UPS by Shipstation rate and we have an account rep we can talk to when a shipment goes sideways.