cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] ShipStation Connect

PPE
Occasional Contributor

Update:

It is fixed after I changed the password.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I am currently under free trial and want to try ShipStation Connect for the barcode scanning feature.

I just installed ShipStation Connect for Mac and try to register this computer, but after typed in the username and password, it shows "Error: There was a server error while authenticating this account".

I watched the video of installing the ShipStation Connect and the account in the video connects the system smoothly. I searched this error sentence and didn't find any posts about it.

I noticed that ShipStation Connect has to work on workstation. I don't really understand that. Does workstation mean I have to have a database like MySQL?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Hey there @PPE,

Its great to see your posts in the community! We appreciate the contribution, especially with finding the solution and updating your post! Thanks very much! 

I just wanted to follow up to confirm that you do NOT need a database to run ShipStation Connect. In that regard, when we see the word "Workstation" it is referring to the physical PC/Mac you are working from. Different user profiles may be signed into that same workstation at different times, but it is still that specific workstation. 

I hope this clears that aspect up! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!