cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
admin200
First-timer (legacy)
Allow specific Shopify Cart Attributes to be mapped to ShipStation's CustomFields. This would need to be based on the key of the Shopify Cart Attribute. For instance, the Cart Attribute with the key of "date" might be mapped to "CustomField1". Cart attributes are Shopify's primary extensibility point for individual orders, allowing app, theme, and shop developers to add custom properties to an order: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/get-more-information-with-cart-attributes CustomFields (e.g., CustomField1) are the analogous concept in ShipStation: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478-ShipStation-Custom-Store-Development-Guide#... ShipStation currently imports Shopify Cart Attributes as part of the [Notes From Buyer] field. ShipStation, however, does not allow Shopify Cart Attributes to be mapped to CustomFields, where they can easily be assessed by Automation Rules, displayed as part of the orders grid, or independently included on the Packing Slip Template. By allowing these two related concepts to be mapped to one another, store owners and developers would have tremendous flexibility to integrate extensions to Shopify into the ShipStation workflow. Note: A common use case for Cart Attributes is the ability to collect a requested delivery date, which is of particular relevance to shipping and order fulfillment: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/add-date-picker-for-delivery-dates
11 Comments
mail18
First-timer (legacy)
This would be SO helpful in allowing us to add delivery date / hold options for our customers. If the info is collected in the cart / checkout process, it should also be sent to ShipStation so we can use it to create tags and automations and filters. PLEASE!!!
eComMgr
First-timer (legacy)
Absolutely agree with need of this feature or minimally to disable the mapping. The note_attributes field in Shopify is for order customization and contains json markeup based on Shopify's documentation. I don't understand why any this data is being automatically mapped to customer notes as it: 1) mask real buyersรข€™ notes on the orders especially in the list view 2) not useful in notes to implement for print out or labels 3) not user friendly/readable due to json 4) imports unneeded data. The source of the data in this field (via 3rd party app or store customization) is irrelevant. Shopify field data format is specific, documented and should be consumed better than it is currently. ShipStationรข€™s own documentation seems inconsistent with this current behavior regarding custom fields. They donรข€™t รข€œhandleรข€ custom fields/data but they are (but poorly) via this auto merge to notes. A previous decision to automatically merge and slam this markup data into a text blob is misinformed or poorly strategized. The field is under-managed as a halfway implementation. Either provide full mapping functionality or omit it the current mapping รข€ยฆ.or at minimum be able to enable/disable the auto mapping of Shopifyรข€™s note_attrributes. For myself, I just wish to disable it all together as there is no custom data that I wish brought over for shipping. This unused data mask real customer notes. The suggested solution here is very like my own, but I would offer both a simple and then an Advanced feature (that could be developed/deployed in stages). A starting setting would be a simple disable/enabled control, but default enabled for backward compatibility. Optionally, provide advanced settings for key name listings with optimistic key name mapping, for example, if the key name not found in the note_attributes text of the order, skip it or merge it etc.. 1) Simple Enabled or Disabled: Map note_attributes to Customer Notesรข€ยฆ.does the same merging behavior currently if enabled. 2) Advanced When Enabled: Optionally provide a way to indicate key names to map values to exiting fields, customer notes, or suppress. a. Add key name to find: choose Custom Field # to map value to b. Add key name to find: choose Customer Notes to map/merge value to c. Add key name to find: choose to Suppress value d. Default mapping if key name in note_attributes not mapped: Suppress or map/merge Customer Notes This note_attributes field begs for better data synchronization management. Itรข€™s very disappointing to see the current flow getting in the way of how we process orders and managing real customer notes apart from custom data. ShipStation should not continue to under-manage this field. https://help.shopify.com/api/reference/order
orders93
New Contributor
In a similar, but albeit different vein, since Shopify doesn't allow custom order statuses, we would like to see the ability to map ORDER TAGS to a STATUS, making Purchase Orders, Back Orders, etc a bit easier to automated and direct. Ex. An order tag of "order_BO" could be mapped to a "HOLD" status until the tag is removed. Currently, we're up against trying to figure out an automated way to prevent paid orders with back order from importing into "Awaiting Shipment". Shopify just updated their API to be exponentially easier to use and get useful information from. I think ShipStation needs to dig into this further and offer more status mapping options
contact22
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, it would be great to be able to map shopify cart attributes to specific fields. In my case, gift and gift message.
shipping42
First-timer (legacy)
Would love to be able to run Automation rules in Shipstation based off of tags in Shopify
sales303
First-timer (legacy)
We also really need this! Where is it at?
rdejesus
First-timer (legacy)
We have different Shopify apps all putting data in the "Customer" field. I had a chat with support and it's seems to be impossible to map to different fields. From my understanding this feature request would make this possible so I am up-voting this.
david_namenyi
First-timer (legacy)
We have also seen many cases where the "Notes from Buyer" field shows all the note_attributes that custom Shopify apps add, making it very hard to read and make sense of. A solution to filter / map these is very much needed.
Status changed to: No status
SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

Suewp
First-timer

@SuperMgr-SarahDo you have any update on this request? Feels like something that would be useful for many of your users.