cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Split Order Please!

JackShia
New Contributor
We get 300 of orders per day, and have to manually split certain orders to fit into UPS ground. We have an automation rule that creates a tag automatically for orders that need to be split, then we have to manually go through and split them, which takes hours per day. Please add this feature asap!!!
7 REPLIES 7

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

I know this might not be of help if this isn't a setting you can control, but for one of our stores the splitting takes place on the e-commerce platform side of things. Alcohol goes to shipment one--filled by a different company--and non-alcohol items go to shipment 2, filled by us. So each order comes into ShipStation pre-split. Hopefully that's something you have control over.

TheMangoFactory
Occasional Contributor

An auto split feature is much needed and taking away the manual split feature on single orders is going to force us to another shipping program if it cannot be rectified on a timely manner.

I already moved over to Ordoro because of it. They have a Clone Order function that works well for me.

I'll look at Ordoro as well. Weird it's taking ShipStation so long to put a UI on something that is already available to accomplish with their API. 

Will be checking this out, thank you so much.

oshaikeuchi
New Contributor

We NEED this back. I thought I could work around it but my business is hurting every day I don't have this function.

n_sardo_gm
Occasional Contributor

Basically for a year either me or a team member manually split the orders (have a whole training video on it). Finally, one of our team members had enough and wrote some code with the shipstation API to do it automatically. Basically takes a list of SKUS that are meant for each warehouse and duplicates the orders to split them. Let me know if you want to hop on zoom and I can show you or email if you'd rather not zoom. May sell it as a service haha (copied this from my other forum response to a similar question)