cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Save customer's shipping account?

MeesterKen
New Contributor

Hello!

I create all our orders manually (i.e. we're not integrated with an ecommerce store), and some of the customers to whom we ship regularly have their own UPS or FedEx accounts that we can use for billing. I'm looking for a quick & easy way to create shipments to these customers and bill the shipping charges to their accounts in as few steps as possible.

Ideally, I'd like to just go to the Customer's tab, select a customer and hit the "Create Label" button then be able to find their UPS/FedEx account# somewhere there, but this information only appears to be saved at the order level rather than at the customer level. Oh how I wish there was just ONE little custom notes field for customer entries, but since there isn't, how would any of you recommend, for example, that I hop onto ShipStation to create a quick UPS Ground label for a 3-pound package to CustomerXYZ in the smallest number of clicks/entries possible?

Thank you!
Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hey @MeesterKen,

Thank you for being a part of the community and for your post.

This might not be 100% what you are looking for, but you might be able to simplify one aspect of this.

You can create an automation rule with the criteria set as "Customer Equals" and have the action be "Charge shipping to 3rd party". This will make it so that any time this customer orders the billing information will already be populated for you.

If you would like to review more about how to create automation rules and the options that are available, I have included some helpful articles below.

Introduction to automation rules

Automation Rules Criterias and Actions

Create Basic Automation Rules

Please let us know if this helped you out.

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hey @MeesterKen,

Thank you for being a part of the community and for your post.

This might not be 100% what you are looking for, but you might be able to simplify one aspect of this.

You can create an automation rule with the criteria set as "Customer Equals" and have the action be "Charge shipping to 3rd party". This will make it so that any time this customer orders the billing information will already be populated for you.

If you would like to review more about how to create automation rules and the options that are available, I have included some helpful articles below.

Introduction to automation rules

Automation Rules Criterias and Actions

Create Basic Automation Rules

Please let us know if this helped you out.

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager

BAM!!! That worked perfectly!!! Thank you!