cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

After upgrade to auctane/api 2.3.2, orders on Magento 2.4.5-p1 store no longer syncing

Magento2User
Rookie

We ran a routine Composer Update and ended up with auctane/api 2.3.2 on our Magento 2.4.5-p1 store.  Prior to the update, the orders were syncing from Magento into ShipStation without a glitch.  After the upgrade, new orders stopped syncing.

The connection between Magento and ShipStation seems to be working.  Test Connection returns green status.  Fulfilling existing orders updates the status in Magento.  Only the new orders will not sync.

Contacted ShipStation support, other than being polite, they are pretty helpless.  It appears the developers behind auctane/api do not even perform QA before releasing the code.

29 REPLIES 29

Hey there @Magento2User

From checking our Knowledge Base article, i'm seeing that 2.4.3 is likely the latest version that we are fully compatible with at this time. I definitely understand wanting to update as soon as possible, and im confident our team is working to be compatible with this newest update. You can read that full article here

Its terrific that you've reached out to the support team, that is definitely the right call when you see orders not syncing. 

I hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Robber
New Contributor

We're moving our selling channel to Magento 2.4.5 p1 with PHP 8.1 and the Auctane/API /Shipstation extension at the moment doesn't support this. We launch in a couple of weeks and will no longer be able to use Shipstation. Have you found a solution for your problem yet??

Howdy @Robber

Thanks for joining us here in the community! 

I know the team is absolutely planning on supporting this new update. It is in the works, but I do not yet have an ETA. As soon as I hear of any updates on the Magento integration, i'll make sure to relay that info here ๐Ÿ™‚ 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

atl
New Contributor

Hi Davis,

I am using Magento 2.4.5. and not able to connect. I have tried Shipstation support which has been a waste of time, the best I can get is to downgrade to Magento 2.4.3!

I am seeing authentication failure on Shipstation and the server is receiving a connection. I am trying to investigate myself via Postman Api. I have not been able to find any documentation for the Auctane Api, so I can tried and connect from Postman. i.e. All I am trying to find is what is the key naming/setup for the authentication header etc. Any pointers?

Thanks

@atlThere are a number of posts in the ShipStation community that go into the simple tweaks that are necessary to get ShipStation and Magento playing nicely. We've moved from Magento 1 to 2 and are quick adopters to take new Magento releases live. We've marched up the ranks from the early 2.x.x all the way up to 2.4.6-p1 and can confirm that ShipStation works.

Here are my notes for when we update and ShipStation / Magento stop connecting properly. This was for the OLD version of Auctane_Api and may not be applicable to the recently released v2.4.1

Go view the Log file. Check for the Line 312 error.

If so... change the line in Export.php to:

if (empty(trim($internalNote->getComment() ?? ''))) continue;

Save and it should be fixed.

New Line = if (empty(trim($internalNote->getComment() ?? ''))) continue;
Old Line = if (empty(trim($internalNote->getComment()))) continue;

Hope that helps.

Aloha

lopez
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, this fix worked for me.

lopez
Occasional Contributor

Does not work with Magento 2.4.6

ShipStation really needs to keep up with the updates or at least be transparent about them to the merchants.

Replied to wrong user. Content removed.

This "service" isn't very mobile friendly.

Aloha

Moved:

Hello amazing Community members, This comment has been moved to it's own thread to avoid any confusion and help get more community outreach. This comment has been moved into it's on thread since it would be

@lopez

My reply was not directed to you. I apologize if it came across that way. The response was to the original post in regards to...

After upgrade to auctane/api 2.3.2, orders on Magento 2.4.5-p1 store no longer syncing

If you don't have a SYNC issue why post in this thread? Your post is precisely how threads go off topic and in the end clutters up the solution. You need to start your own thread as it pertains to your specific issue.

Aloha

sales142
Contributor

Try this:

Go view the Log file. Check for the Line 312 error.

If so... change the line in Export.php to:

if (empty(trim($internalNote->getComment() ?? ''))) continue;

Save and it should be fixed.

Aloha

The reason Auctane Shipstation 2.4.1 does not work on M 2.4.6 is because it uses Zend library, removed from M 2.4.6 and replaced with Laminas. Auctane devs need to update the code with Laminas.

main.ERROR: Impossible to process constructor argument Parameter #15 [ <required> Zend\Http\Client $zendClient ] of Auctane\Api\Model\Carrier\Shipping class

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

I have this same issue. I contacted shipstation and they told me there was no issue and that I should contact magento to have them fix the problem on their end. Uhhh....... seriously???? That is either an extremely ignorant statement or pure laziness, either of which are not a good. What other solutions are you guys looking at for shipping software? I'm open to recommendation because the constant issues with this integration and denial of issues is getting exhausting.

Here is a reply, just today, from shipstation support. That's an absurd response.

Thank you for reaching out. 

Our senior support team recommends reaching out to your Magento developer to assist with the error. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. I understand how frustrating this can be. 

If you need further help feel free to reach out. 

Kind regards, 

Itumeleng M.

Unfortunately the ShipStation / Auctane software support is terrible. You'd be better off leaving your support request on the back of a business card and dropping it off in the "win a free lunch" bucket at your local sandwich shop. Because at least doing that might win you lunch. Contacting ShipStation is a complete waste of your time.

Aloha

What version of ShipStation... what version of Magento 2?

Aloha

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

@sales142 

I am on 2.4.6-p3 and the integration works properly with 2.3.1 shipstation module (as described in another thread on this forum). I updated magento to 2.4.6-p4 to keep things up to date and secure and it broke the shipstation install. Magento could no longer run the compile command because the shipstation module is using no a longer supported framework. I then thought maybe shipstation had actually fixed their module, so I updated to 2.4.1 shipstation module and the error persists.

public_html$ bin/magento setup:di:compile
Compilation was started.
Area configuration aggregation... 5/9 [===============>------------] 55% 49 secs 362.0 MiB
In ClassReader.php line 57:

Impossible to process constructor argument Parameter #15 [ <required> Zend\Http\Client $zendClient ] of Auctane\Api\Model\Carrier\Ship
ping class

In GetParameterClassTrait.php line 34:

Class "Zend\Http\Client" does not exist

setup:di:compile

It's not pretty BUT it would probably be the easiest fix for now. Waiting for Auctane to fix their code to work with the 2.4.6+ Laminas change might be longer than you are willing to wait.

composer require magento/zendframework1

Aloha

Or... you can start editing the Auctane code and get it working with Laminas instead of the deprecated Zend.

Aloha

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

@sales142 

I did try this while I had everything upgraded before rolling back. Thinking back, I did not run setup:upgrade after running composer require for the zendframework1. I think that resulted in the install of zendframework1 to now effective in resolving the issue. Would you say that is valid?

Editing the code may be a little out of my scope. I can work with it a little, but my experience is quite limited as it is not my profession.

A proper re-install of Zend should allow Auctane to install and function. Something along the lines of this...

bin/magento maintenance:enable &&
bin/magento cron:remove

composer require magento/zendframework1
bin/magento setup:upgrade
bin/magento setup:di:compile
bin/magento cache:clean &&
bin/magento cache:flush &&
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f &&
bin/magento indexer:reindex &&
bin/magento cron:install &&
bin/magento maintenance:disable

Doing that brings back the deprecated Zend "stuff" that Magento is trying to get away from. Like I said, it's not the best solution but it should work as a temporary solution until Auctane can fix / update their code to work properly with Laminas. We've been holding off on updating to p4 for a number of reasons but a broken ShipStation connection to Magento 2 is a deal breaker.

Aloha

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. Would this be removed on the next M2 update or would I need to manually remove it once auctane actually fixes their module?

One other question, adding it back in shouldn't have any ill effects on M2 in other areas, right?

You'd want to check and if necessary remove it manually once it's no longer required. Again, re-installing Zend is the EASY way. Zend has been getting phased out of Magento for 4-ish years.

Adding back the Zend Framework shouldn't present any issues other than bringing back code that Magento devs spent a lot of time getting rid of ๐Ÿ˜‰

The amount of time spent doing all this might be about the same as modifying and testing the Auctane module for use with Laminas. Laminas, over simplified, is basically Zend. It's a little more complicated than that and some know-it-all will only be too happy to type out some "shade" correcting me about that statement but it's mostly true.

What really grinds my gears is ShipStation is basically telling you we aren't going to help. You need to have your Magento Developer fix this. That's a load of horse pucky. ShipStation charges a monthly service fee to Magento 2 users and needs to get their ISH together and update their module. This Zend removal issue has been around for a long time and ShipStation / Auctane have done nothing that I am aware of to fix it.

Aloha

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

@sales I agree completely. It's not easy for me to move shipping platforms due to the way I process orders, but it is almost coming to that with the lack of support on magento. Is all I'm asking is that shipstation work with magento so I can use their paid service.

In your opinion, is the auctane code/module going to be riddled Zend or will be more or less a couple lines of code. If just a couple lines of code then I may be able to fix that.

Thank you very much for your time.

magento/zendframework1 didn't work for me, but installing 

laminas/laminas-zendframework-bridge did.

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I did come across that on the net somewhere as well. I will have to give it a try and hopefully shipstation can actually fix the module as these workarounds should not be what needs to be done for a PAID service.

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

@jaddis77 What version of the shipstation module are you using and have you to had to implement any other "fixes". I'm on 2.3.1 due to other issues the module has, but I have not tried the latest 2.4.1 on magento 2.4.6-p3 and above.

@lighthouseleds I am on Shipstation 2.4.1. I had done a test upgrade to Magento 2.4.6 a few weeks back and everything had worked correctly. I went to do it today on the live site and couldn't get past the compile step. I dug around in the composer.lock file to see what was different between the staging and live site and found that laminas/laminas-zendframework-bridge was a dependency for a version of another module. This module removed laminas/laminas-zendframework-bridge as a dependency in the newer version on the live site.

lighthouseleds
Occasional Contributor

Ah.... so during the upgrade of M2 to 2.4.6-p4 the module laminas/laminas-zendframework-bridge was removed due to it no longer being a dependency. Now you have added it back in for shipstation.