cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Custom Feature Integration

SarahATX

Original post from user Gerardo Carmona

Hello,

We would like to see a feature where Shipstation can import text based customization information for Amazon Custom orders. These are listings that the customer can personalize their product through a predetermined set of choices (such as font, text, text color, placement). We would like to have this import into shipstation so we can know what text, font and color the customer has chosen to personalize their product with. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SarahATX

ShipStation recently partnered with a vendor called Data Automation that has built a connector to import the orders and order details from both Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade stores. 

Check out the Amazon Custom section of our Amazon Marketplace help article for more details! Or you can go ahead and send an email to amazoncustom@dataautomation.com to discuss and sign up for the service. Please note fees will apply.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

SarahATX

ShipStation recently partnered with a vendor called Data Automation that has built a connector to import the orders and order details from both Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade stores. 

Check out the Amazon Custom section of our Amazon Marketplace help article for more details! Or you can go ahead and send an email to amazoncustom@dataautomation.com to discuss and sign up for the service. Please note fees will apply.

sarah1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Is there any update / future changes with this? As the data automation option is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE (It's more than my monthly Shipstation fee!) just for a few lines of text.

many thanks, Sarah

adrienne
Occasional Contributor

It's such a basic feature and the fact that Shipstation refuses to implement it and expects us to pay additional money to a different company on top of what we already pay to Shipstation is absolutely bonkers.

NickH
New Contributor

Amazon actually makes this difficult. For whatever reason they do not make custom/personalized item information available via their API, which means integrations like ShipStation cannot access it, not without implementing some workarounds.

adrienne
Occasional Contributor

Can you please provide the pricing info for your solution? The other solution is stupidly expensive. I might just have to switch to Shipping Easy because they've already integrated it. 

Vahidsediqi_
Occasional Contributor

Try SellerActions, it is a powerful tool that imports all Amazon Custom data directly to shipstations and gives you update every 15 min

They price starts from $49/m they gives 7 days free trail

Do you work for SellerActions? I have been trying to get some help with setup. I have paid for service and attached to Amazon Store and API to Ship Station but data is not transfering over.

Thanks

BearTone
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick, do you have a solution you would like to share?

NickH
New Contributor

CustomSync is my custom built solution I'm sharing with others, yes.

Vahidsediqi_
Occasional Contributor

Try SellerActions, it is a powerful tool that imports all Amazon Custom data directly to shipstations and gives you update every 15 min

SellerActions is An Autmated Process between Amazon Custom Orders and ShipStation

A Solution for importing Amazon Custom Orders and Amazon Handmade details directly to ShipStation and giving you update every 15 minutes.

adrienne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks but I'm not interested in paying a monthly fee for this. I use NickH's solution. It works well and there is no monthly fee. 

NickH
New Contributor

I also needed a fix for this, so as a computer programmer I developed a solution which I now offer to others via my software company BlueWare Labs. This is an alternative to Data Automation's solution. You can learn more about my solution here: https://bluewarelabs.wordpress.com/shipstation-amazon-custom-import/

sarah1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick,

Could you please let me know the pricing for this solution?

I've only got a handful of orders from Amazon handmade per month, but I want to get it set up properly before I invest more time into Amazon ... as I don't want errors from having to copy and paste!

Many thanks, Sarah

Hey Nick, what's your current pricing? Your website just says to contact you.

Vahidsediqi_
Occasional Contributor

Try SellerActions, it is a powerful tool that imports all Amazon Custom data directly to shipstations and gives you update every 15 min

SellerActions is An Autmated Process between Amazon Custom Orders and ShipStation

A Solution for importing Amazon Custom Orders and Amazon Handmade details directly to ShipStation and giving you update every 15 minutes.

Daniel504
Occasional Contributor

Works for me. Thanks.

Vahidsediqi_
Occasional Contributor

How to import amazon custom details to shipstation

Register to SellerActions for free.

integrate your amazon shop and shipstation 

SellerActions will start importing your amazon custom data to shipstation

Daniel504
Occasional Contributor

ShipStation overrides Customized Amazon Orders even though it is transferred by a Third Party Application. However, SellerActions solved that problem. I highly recommend their solution.

SellerActions

PaulCollins
Rookie

Sarah,

Despite what you say and other comments below over the past 2 years, there are still NO realistic options for Amazon Handmade sellers considering using ShipStation.

If other developers can access this additional data from Amazon, are you seriously telling me that your developers are not capable of doing the same and therefore ShipStation has to rely upon a third party! I have managed software development teams and know that this is a relatively trivial task. I have even passed details of a good technical starting point onto my ShipStation Account Manager for your developers (not allowed to post links here).

Amazon Handmade sellers are mostly small businesses that can't afford to be paying DataAutomation monthly charges, which are actually more per month than ShipStation itself:

DataAutomation Amazon Store Automation Pricing:
*Up to 50 orders per month = $34.00/month
*Up to 500 order per month = $67.00/month
*Up to 1,000 orders per month = $109.00/month

Your current approach is very short-sighted as I am forced into looking at ShipStation alternatives.

Please pass my feedback on to the ShipStation Product Manager for their consideration.

Paul Collins

UK

CustomSync.app is the solution I've built, priced much cheaper than DataAutomation. And it has a bunch of cool features:
- Choose where you display the customization: item options, Internal Notes, Customer Notes, etc.
- Include/exclude surface names, item names, quantity, etc.

See the image for current configuration options.

6ihK6XQ

r2000
New Contributor

I built a webapp that can download all of your amazon custom order data in one click. It also places the jpg "preview image" that the customer sees when checking out directly on the packing sheets, to make sorting printed goods with the labels/packing sheets easier.

Just process a batch of labels like normal on Shipstation, then upload it to amzsvg.com, and it will convert all your packing sheets to have the jpg preview on them, and it will also download all of the CustomizedURL links into one zip file so you don't have to manually download each one on shipstation or amazon.

We're also working on a way to convert the SVG file into a usable PDF for a more streamlined prepress workflow. 

We're looking for testers who want to try it out for free, then we were planning on charging $9/month to cover the server costs.

r2000
New Contributor

Wanted to provide an update on our web app for anyone looking for a solution to this. We can now download all your custom order data at once using the Order Summary Report in shipstation. It will place photos of the customized item on the packing sheet, and create a PDF out of the SVG file for easier prepress work. You can email me at 1ryan.hutton@gmail.com or visit amzsvg if you're interested.

Daniel504
Occasional Contributor

You can use the solution below. We've been using for a year and so far so good.
https://www.selleractions.com/services/amazon-order-update-on-shipstation