cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Orders & Phone Number Import Issue

HudsonExchange
New Contributor

Amazon uses phone numbers to keep customer data anonymous. This is a 10 digit phone number and a 5 digit extension. On Friday someone at ShipStation decided to import this as a 15 digit or 16 digit if the 1 is included number. Too long for UPS and FedEx labels. Now it throws an error for each label. User needs to delete phone number on each label to proceed.  

When will this be rectified?

17 REPLIES 17

Steveny
New Contributor

I have over 300 orders failing. How did this happen. Amazon is probably the largest user base for Shipstation and why is this happeing?

jacobkymustang
New Contributor

Same issue here. We have to manually edit each order for the time being, greatly increasing the time it takes to ship a package.

imix4u
Contributor

We use FedEx nowadays, but we used to use UPS. Amazon started this phone # business about a year and a half ago. Are you a new user, new to UPS, or did something change recently that I just haven't come across yet?

Just a guy with an awesome beard who loves coffee, Bourbon, and music. I also sell a ton of truck and Jeep accessories.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for your contributions to this thread and our Community. Apologies for the delay in getting this information out, but a fix to this issue was pushed out around 11 am CST on Monday.

Please feel free to either reply to this thread and reach out to support if you are still seeing errors around this at this point in time. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

Would it be too much to ask that Shipstation indicate "somewhere", what "version", or "push" we are running under?

I've never known any company as large as SS to not give any indication of updates to their software, nor versioning (of any detail) that we are running.

I thought this problem had been fixed as I stated earlier but realized today that it is actually only happening now with Canada Post labels, UPS is fine. So, still having the issue, how do we fix it??

Edit: Didn't mean to reply to Dirk meant to reply to Erin-MANAGER

ec007
Contributor

we are having this issue. How do we fix it?

This fixed itself. Stopped throwing up errors, prints as one long number now.

Hi @ec007 , 

Thank you for reaching out and for being a part of our community. 

I am thinking that we need to get you to our support team to get this figured out. Do you currently have a ticket open with support about this? 

If so can you send me this ticket number via private message. If not please reply here and I will reach out via private message to gather more information. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

This issue is still going on. How come it is not solved since 2021? 

jamie
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to share an ongoing challenge we face as Amazon sellers using Shipstation for returns, particularly with our main product that consists of multiple boxes. When a customer requests a return through Amazon, they receive only one return label. Consequently, we have to supply additional labels for the extra boxes. We're encountering an issue with phone number formatting in the return label generation process. The inclusion of "+1" in the phone number causes errors. Previously, we could edit out this prefix to resolve the issue, but with Shipstation's updated interface, editing recipient details is no longer an option. This limitation in Shipstation's system is proving to be a significant obstacle for us, and we're hoping for a solution or guidance on how to address this. Your insights or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

ec007
Contributor

Just wanted to add that this problem is not fixed. I realized that is is specifically an amazon.com problem when shipping through Canada Post. Amazon.ca does not have the extension numbers in their phone numbers. I thought the issue had been fixed to make the phone numbers all one long line, turned out it wasn't.

So to reiterate... amazon.com with extension numbers trying to send through Canada Post give an error when trying to print a label for the extension number and when the extension number is deleted they print fine.

Nnn
Contributor

This issue is still going on. How come it is not solved since 2021?

sales139
First-timer

We are experiencing this same issue, is there a way you can work with other API or code it in a way that will automatically change the phone number to an acceptable format? Currently any phone number including brackets throws an error message and has to be manually edited by someone in our warehouse. With GLS Canada only.

Talked to the UPS FedEx managers and Shipstation. We couldn't find a way.

jamie
Occasional Contributor

This is still an issue. Why has it not been resolved? And now with the "New View" you can not edit the customer information to manually remove the +1. This is complete insanity.

jamie
Occasional Contributor

This is a major issue for seller-fulfilled Amazon sellers who must provide prepaid return labels using Shipstation. In our case, our main product is a single item that ships in multiple boxes. So if a customer initiates a return through Amazon, they are provided a single return label by Amazon. We then must provide them additional return labels for the additional boxes. The current formatting of the phone number causes an error when generating a return label because the number is "too long". The only way to work around this is to edit the phone number and remove the preceding "+1 ". With the "New View" this is not possible to edit the recipient information. 

Shipstation provides no support for this. It desperately needs attention.