cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info372
First-timer (legacy)
When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?
114 Comments
normhacker
New Contributor
Would like to be able to add a custom shipping method, for example Customer Pick Up, or Pallet Delivery. Sometimes we also ship to a marketplace with shipping labels provided by the marketplace, however we'd still like to process the order through Ship Station, just not use our UPS/Fedex account, for example. At present there doesn't seem to be any way to override the shipping presets.
marks1
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, please! There definitely needs a "Pickup" or "Local Delivery" as a method to mark those items picked up by customers or direct delivered by the warehouse.
admin259
First-timer (legacy)
This would be nice! As we offer "local pickup" on our site for locals who want to buy our product and save on shipping costs! All we use internally is the packing slip, but it could become tedious for us to manually mark each one as shipped in SS, while printing out daily orders.
rob_singer
First-timer (legacy)
I like that one too. Just hand delivered a package and figuring out what to do with the order...?
sales545
First-timer (legacy)
Something really useful with be to add or customize a shipping method for companies that allow you to track packages just like UPS or Fedex or USPS but do not have integration modules for example: We ship sometimes via Southwest Air Cargo and we would love to be able to process the order trough shipstation by sending a tracking number that can be linkable to their page to be able to track it. Something like: Name of Carrier: South West Webpage: www.swacargo.com Webtracking Link: www.swacargo.com/tracking/trackshipment So that when order is processed you use that method enter a tracking number and voila! email is sent to customer, if not possible to link trackin number at least the url of the carrier should appear on email so that customer can manually click and then track Thanks
trey1
First-timer (legacy)
We have many customers in our local area who could potentially come by to pick up there orders. A "custom" or "local pickup" would be a great option.
wheeler
First-timer (legacy)
New user looking for this feature - I signed up today and am trying to update a couple of local orders that were picked up from our warehouse. According to the website, I should be able to specify an "Other Carrier" - https://shipstation.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1137677-how-can-i-mark-an-order-as-shipped-if-... But when I try this, I get an error message saying "Invalid Carrier". Why does this not work?
ed9
First-timer (legacy)
The trick is to use "Mark as Shipped.' Go to the Orders tab and select the orders in question. Then choose "Mark as Shipped." When you do that -- for one or several items --a "Mark as Shipped" dialog comes up. At the upper right you can select "Other" as carrier. This is the only place in Ship Station, I believe, where you can designate "other" for carrier. We then print a separate batch of packing slips for these orders using our label printer. We use these instead of ship labels, attaching them to the outside of the packages. We then put those orders aside for the chosen delivery (or pickup) method.
studio7
First-timer (legacy)
We have one product that use custom freighting service for delivery. So it is absolutely required for us to be allow to set custom shipping method. Maybe where the shipping cost can be manually entered?
jeremy30
First-timer (legacy)
We need the capability to ship things with various freight companies and would like the option to simply add them in as a 'custom option'. This post needs more votes!