cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian11
First-timer (legacy)
We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails if we could easily message to these people on a regular basis while they are waiting on their order to ship.
65 Comments
Cas_Leigh
First-timer (legacy)
PLEASE add this! I need to email 1600 people that their product is delayed and I simply CANNOT open every order and click on every email address! It's just not feasible! Just generating a list of email addresses would be sufficient, if I could filter the orders affected and generate a list of all their email addresses so I could BCC them all. I can't imagine why this isn't already a thing, since clearly it's been being requested since July 2012.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for your updates, everyone! If you have any more anecdotes or examples of times when you need to update a group of customers, please let us hear it! We read your feedback daily and use it to help us shape features! @Casey - If you go to Insights > Reports > Raw Data Exports > Orders you'll be able to see a report of all the information regarding your orders which will include your buyer's email address for you to use as you please. Feel free to chat in with us if you'd like more info on the reports, exports, or anything else 🙂
admin224
First-timer (legacy)
Sometimes we have several customers whose address failed US address verification. While some we can correct ourselves, other times we need to e-mail the customers. Allowing us to select these orders and e-mail them via ship-station would be very helpful and much more efficient then having to send multiple e-ails. I don't think your suggestion regarding raw orders would work where you only need to e-mail SOME customers about a delay to their order (e.g. where only one SKU is back-ordered). Is the reason this hasn't been implemented that you don't want Shipstation mails servers being bogged down with promotional e-mails? If so, could always consider limiting the number of these e-mails sent by membership package...
colin3
First-timer (legacy)
I needed to send emails to all 70+ of my open orders due to a delay of product arrival from a manufacturing error. I accomplished this today by exporting all of my orders to Excel, and blind copying a single email to all of my customers. The issue with this is I lose personalized emails that are normally sent through SS, such as automated shipping confirmations, and I don't have the man power to send 50-75 personalized emails one-by-one. This should be simple to add to SS, so I'm not sure why it's taken over 3 years to implement... If bogging down the servers is an issue, place a limit on emails allowed per day/week based on membership packages.
shipping120
First-timer
This would also be very convenient for backordered products. There's often this window between when a product gets setup as backordered with an automation rule notifying them of the delay and which orders already missed that window. Sometimes hitting the refresh automation rules to all open orders will do it, but sometimes I don't have the automation rules and filtering setup in a way that works like that. It would be a lot less time consuming to be able to select all 10 people affected and send them an email thru SS, instead of exporting the list, as many people have stated here already.
heather15
First-timer (legacy)
Agree - and if we can send shipping confirmations AND now delivery confirmations - why can't we email customers about other things like order status? We offer nearly all custom products and it would be brilliant to use SS to update customers as their order moves through our production process. How do we do it now? We ALSO use, sync and pay for ShipWorks - it easily emails customers status - but wow. Two shipping services - one only for email? Exporting and emailing through a mail merge isn't a productive way of doing things. The emails are already stored in SS and we are already emailing automatically.....
shipping120
First-timer
Just had a situation come up- we're releasing a 4.0 version of a book, and want to send an email offering a free ebook version of 4.0 to all customers that bought 3.0 in the last month, to eliminate any discontent in missing the new version. I've tagged all the customers but I can't do an automation rule and "reprocess automation rules" because these are all shipped orders not "open" orders.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for all of these great examples! If you haven't yet, please do add your business examples and challenges here to help us understand the full picture of how you and other users would benefit. @LifeSpa Shipping Dept LifeSpa - Reprocessing Automation Rules also don't run to re-send emails. Here's some more info on what it does: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205899938 You can obtain your customers' emails by exporting the "Raw Data" from the Insights page under Reports. You may benefit most from the "Orders" Raw Export. This may only require light spreadsheet use--a filter to isolate your orders only with your 3.0 books. Understandably, this may not be feasible to do daily or often but I hope it's something you can do today while we research this further.
shipping120
First-timer
'@ShipStation - Thanks for the tip. I did end up exporting the Raw Data to be able to send a mail merge in Outlook. 🙂 But it'd be a lot easier to not have to do that, and i'd also have the history of having sent those emails to those customers in ShipStation.
audreysbear
First-timer (legacy)
We manufacture the products we sell, so having the ability to send bulk emails to batches of orders would allow us to provide updates to our customers on the status of their order, without having to spend all day to do it. PLEASE add "send email" to the drop down list under "other actions" and allow us to select one of our email templates for the email. Thank you in advance!!!