cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wil
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an edit button, changing what needs changed, and hitting save. I have two customers with the same name. Lets call them John Smith and Smith Electrical Corporation. I send a package to Smith Electrical about once a month. John Smith ordered once from our website over two years ago. Whenever I type "Smith" when making a new order, guess who comes up as the first result! There's no need for John to still be in the system, why can't I easily delete his record?
101 Comments
dtguktf
New Contributor

Adding to this that once again, I have had to raise a support ticket to delete orders from ShipStation to be able to delete a customers information. Slows things down hugely for us and they are getting more frequent.

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello dtguktf!

Thank you for your post! We always appreciate reminders about features that customers want to see. The above community member is correct; uploading a new CSV is the only way to edit or delete a customer.  I wanted to make sure to let at least you know you are being heard. 

-Happy Shipping, and have a good rest of your week! 

-Cara

frank98110
New Contributor

So please fix it! This is literally database 101 stuff. 

wiwwah
First-timer

I'm shocked to see that people have been asking for this for 7 years and it's still not been fixed. 

This is such a basic request

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello, @wiwwah!

Thank you for the post on this feature request. We are always looking for ways to improve the user experience. Our Product Team is very aware of the limitations around this feature and is determining its place on the product roadmap. 

Stay tuned to notifications on this thread for feature updates. 

Happy Shipping! 

-Cara

nwpcshipper
New Contributor

When will this feature finally be implemented? Considering it's been over 6 years since the original post.

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @nwpcshipper!

Thank you for the post on this feature request. We are always looking for ways to improve the user experience. Our Product Team is very aware of the limitations around this feature and is determining its place on the product roadmap.

We will update the community on any updates.

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

jennifer_eden
First-timer

Update? Seven years to update this feature is way longer than necessary. Have you actually spoken to anyone on your development or coding team?

and don't say

"Thank you for the post on this feature request. We are always looking for ways to improve the user experience. Our Product Team is very aware of the limitations around this feature and is determining its place on the product roadmap." 

It means nothing and is not even specific to this issue. 

Thanks in advance:)

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @jennifer_eden!

Thank you for following up! We understand this has been a popular request among our merchants, and the developers are aware of it. While it's not on our roadmap at the moment, rest assured the idea is on our radar, and we'll be sure to update merchants if anything changes. Keep those great suggestions coming!

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

Lovan
First-timer

"it's not on our roadmap at the moment, but rest assured the idea is on our radar." Translation: people have been asking for this for 8 years, but we just DGAF. Wow. How is this not implemented yet? Updating a CSV file with over 100,000 customer entries just to make an edit or delete is simply stupid. There is no reason that this should not be a feature. Pure laziness on the part of Shipstation.

Don't say happy shipping. Don't give some other type of bland statement of "we appreciate and listed to our customer concerns." Grow a pair and just be honest and say "It's not happening any time soon so deal with it or find someone else."