cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james35
First-timer (legacy)
We want the FROM address set to our domain so that 'via Shipstation.com' does not appear on gmail. We also want to include your spf/senderId records in our spf/senderId records, have the email signed with our DKIM key and have the links use our subdomain instead of email.shipstation.com. Here's how this works on a few of the major ESPs: http://login.mg2mail.com/help/Content/Listrak_Manual/Branding%20Settings.htm https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582387-How-to-Set-up-Sending-Domains https://sendgrid.com/docs/Glossary/email_authentication.html This will significantly improve deliverability and professional appearance. Best Regards, James Fredley VP of Marketing Technology FilterEasy
159 Comments
GPZs
Rookie
'@Alan Attridge Myshroom Deedum LLC we're watching our DMARC reports and basing the SPF IP entries off of what we see. We've just recently started this, so a bit of time will tell if it works or not. Seeing as SS uses sendgrid for the tracking notification emails, it's that range that's needed. I personally don't like to many IP address entries in SPF, but it's a necessary "evil" at this time due to the way SS does this. I'll report back on my findings.
UniquelyGeekly
Contributor
Just ended up here trying to fix a problem that was my fault. Surprised to see its something that Shipstation could be actively improving on.
jasonl
First-timer (legacy)
We left ShipStation over this issue, this week. Best of luck to those sticking around for this.
UniquelyGeekly
Contributor
What are you using now @Jason?
i_t_dept
First-timer
Is there any solution on this issue?
teresa
First-timer (legacy)
We have implemented DMARC as part of an initiative to secure our brands and domains. Unfortunately, email delivery to our customers may be impacted if domain authentication is not available. We have worked with our other vendors to generate DKIM keys to prevent spoofing of our domains. This would be a great feature for you to provide us with.
Shipster
Contributor
I've just started evaluating Shipstation. Lol. Basic fail. I have a perfectly good AWS SES dispatch confirmation with tracking code from a Woocommerce plugin. Every single evaluation point so far is worse than what I have now.
david8
First-timer (legacy)
'@Christo what do you use now? I'm open to switching platforms since nothing is keeping me here.
Chris
First-timer
Seriously? 4 years between replies from SS? Gmail rejects all emails from ShipStation now. Not in spam folder, just blocked.
Chris
First-timer
Yesterday it got worse; or better depending on your perspective? Status: 4.4.7 notices piling up in our customer support system. 100's of email delay notices streaming through since yesterday. At least we can confirm all the customers that have been complaining of no ship notice are justified. Does anyone have recommendations for a replacement that is not a zombie app? Endicia was our backup but now they're just more of the same. We can't wait another 4 years for basic maintenance let alone innovation. ShipStation used to make us happy (using 5+ years). That has not happened for quite some time.