cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
david_dean
Frequent Contributor

I have a customer who placed an order for two items.  I accidentally shipped only one, but the entire order is marked as shipped.  How can I now ship just the item that did not actually ship?

I tried to RESTORE the order, which created a second shipment, but it will not allow me to split the order and move items to the new shipment.

I could simply create a new order to ship the missing item, but then my records will be off because Shipstation will think I have shipped the missing item twice, when in reality only one was shipped.

5 Comments
Owen762
New Contributor

I have been running into similar problems repeatedly since I was forced over to the new system. Items cannot be moved after they are "shipped", having to search an order in the shipped area specifically to "restore" it just to ship it again but then having to go to the original shipment and print the packing list for the first shipment separately. Waited over an hour on tech support just for them to tell me this is "working as intended" ๐Ÿ˜ก

skincare2001
Occasional Contributor

It is SO MUCH HARDER to work with orders in the V3. We used to be able to REship (say a damaged item)... by just clicking on the order and print new postage. Now it creates a 2nd shipment with NOTHING in it. It makes no sense. You should at least be able to ADD an item to the new shipment or something. Very weird. We want V2 back as well. 

Owen762
New Contributor

@skincare2001 @david_dean dont give up! After opening a ticket and having them manually create my reshipment (also referencing each previous ticket, each time) they reverted me to V2 and all my problems are solved! It IS possible to get back on the working system, dont give up! just have their tech support manually create your orders every time!

Samaustin
First-timer

This was exactly what I came here to suggest, I have the same problem as you in that sometimes staff accidently send 1 of 2 items or send the incorrect item! Please Shipstation, hear our prayer!

AtwoodRopeMFG
Occasional Contributor

How do we accelerate the attention on this feature that was once part of shipstation (THUS only applicable to anyone that used V2 or prior, anyone after this is going to be like, "this never existed, why are you complaining") where you have an order get sent back and it's no longer "shipped". We can't fill out another one of these beasts each and every time without costing us large sums of losses that were previously not an issue as all the items would be copied over if we needed to ship again. It was just an option. Now that option has been segregated to ONLY non-shipped items. Please allow previous shipments to be 'unshipped' so they can be altered, items updated, and reshipped, split, or otherwise as a normal shipment would be. 

there are currently only a couple ways of doing this, 'create another shipment' which creates a hollow order with no items and fails to be useful at all. and 'restore shipment' which creates a non-shipped replica of the 'create another shipment' hollow order, and does in essence the exact same process with the useless empty shipment. 

the only available solution is to copy each item, use the shipstation saved item data, and copy each item, price, and customer address by hand and hoping nothing is copied in error, prices matched, weights updated manually and pray you don't have any mistakes to all your gods as the shipment is deployed in a new manual order.

I know there are important things to work on in the whole (speed of the program, getting loose ends tied up, fixing weird allocations for printing that only works in one avenue or path but breaks in others; incompatibility to core functions) Good luck implementing any and all necessary changes to make this a reality.