cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purchasing_jaks
First-timer (legacy)
It is a legal requirement that EORI numbers are used on shipping goods from the UK to EU and Rest of the World. This field has been implemented granted, but still requires manual intervention to apply the EORI to each order, not an easy task when shipping 1000's of parcels a week off shore. Can this not be automated by rule, that when shipping to EU, the EU EORI number is selected, and when shipping outside of the EU (Rest of World) the UK EORI is used?
36 Comments
mattjc
New Contributor
Big upvote! We too have an urgent need for this, post-BREXIT. Doing this manually on hundreds of orders is absurd with potential for human error. Help us out, ShipStation.
support55
First-timer (legacy)
Please, we need this to be automated. Having to manually select the EORI number for every international shipment is a huge chore and it becoming a big issue for us.
tomasz
Rookie
The problem is that Shipstation managers don't think! This should be implemented at least 4 years ago, but they focused on some super-duper features nobody really needs them. All we need is the correct functionality. Shipstation would be a great system if they focus on BASIC functionality to be mastered! But they don't understand that I do not need a new layout, I need to be able to finish my task! Fortunately, there is a competition on the market - am already testing several of them and will be happy to say goodbye to Shipstation.
info196
Occasional Contributor
We should be able to set defaults for Tax Identifiers for all international orders. It's outrageous only having this possible on a per order basis. It's far too easy for users to miss.
tomasz
Rookie
Shipstation is deleting my comments - why? is the truth about you - shipstation - to painful to handle ? Do the job properly! To all from UK - i have a grat alternative: despatchcloud - they have fully functional service! Give it a go !
info196
Occasional Contributor
Interesting they have time to remove comments, but don't seem to have the time to respond to a 5 week old feedback request.
pete
First-timer (legacy)
With only 33 votes, I'm a little confused how other UK shippers manage this. Are we in such a minority or is the inefficiently and error rate just accepted widely? From speaking to support it seems this won't be a priority for long time so I think if anyone is shipping internationally from the UK in a post-Brexit world, Shipstation is probably not really the app to use for labels. At least not until they've road mapped this. We'll be moving platforms later this year.
harry1
First-timer (legacy)
'@shipstation Would be good for you to give an update on this for peace of mind of current users, just an acknowledge would be good?
harry1
First-timer (legacy)
Yes a worrying point you make @Pete Cooke. What a shame. I also write this comment whilst the ability to print labels is completely down. Hmmmmmmm....
support55
First-timer (legacy)
This is deal-breaker for us and also many others. The fact that support is apparently tagging this with lower priority is just not acceptable and as a result, we're also looking to move platforms ASAP as some of these glaring issues just don't seem to get addressed. All my niggles I have with Shipstation have been documented for many years and whilst support always respond with "it's on our roadmap" etc, they never get resolved. Sometimes they just mark a ticket as resolved without explanation and then the ticket receives no updates for many years - it would be a great system with these automation issues resolved... but alas, they ruin it by leaving considerable gaps in the requirements that could easily be resolved with a more advanced automation system.