cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sneakerccc
First-timer (legacy)
Different users that are in different offices/warehouse with different printers (thermal or laser) and print different size labels (4x6 and 8.5x11) should have the ability to have their own label/printer settings saved to their account instead of the need to switch setting every time globally.
54 Comments
reignlaurent
First-timer (legacy)
Admin must be some bot, keeps posting the same **** for the last 2 years on the same topic. I think it comes down to Stamps.com having the control over over label templates, and not giving the users 2.x" due to someone having their funds invested in say... "competitive sectors". ********. I'll give this a try for a few weeks to see if something could win me over, because I love my Brother QL-700, so there better be something good, otherwise.. duces.
ethan_john2019
First-timer (legacy)
When you print documents from ShipStation, a printer dialogue box will display your printing options. These options are user specific and saved in your browser, so each of your users and each of your workstations can have different printing defaults. If anyone face printer error issue clicks here https://www.hpsupporthelpline.com/blog/tag/printer-not-activated-error-code-20/
claudia
First-timer (legacy)
It would be great to have different document options for different users. Not all of our stores have a "label" printer.
sales296
First-timer (legacy)
We have three users but only one Thermal printer (4x6). We need a feature that would allow us to do one of the following: 1) choose a label template (or type) when we generate the labels or 2) assign a label type by user log in or 3) assign a label type to a shipping preset
izaac
First-timer (legacy)
For instance, we've found it would be useful under multiple situations to change print settings/format depending on the work station used. Practically this would look like Station #1 default printing packing slips as a standard 8x11 paper. Station #2 (user 2) would print packing slips to a laser printer with a size of 4x6. The reason for this is because we use Shipstation to perform multiple tasks in the many different departments of our company. Where packing slips might serve as a good sales receipt for eComm customers, laser printers would be more useful, economical and practical for company functions. Shipstation could defaulting to using universal print settings but offer an option to change that (under and admin) if end-user desired.
info492
First-timer (legacy)
Some of my user need the packing slip while other user dont need them and when someone changes the printing option then it is going to be changed on all users, hat not good at all...
landon
First-timer (legacy)
I just migrated from a software where my employees had their own shipping settings for each user. I'm going to have to switch back unfortunately. I need one user to print and email pdfs on 8.5x11 while another user prints standard UPS labels. I can't have them switching the settings back and forth constantly.
suzanne1
First-timer (legacy)
We'd love to be able to set different preferences for shipping label size and default printer by user instead of account-wide. We use ShipStation in 3 different locations, one of which has a 4x6 thermal printer while our other 2 use 8.5x11 half sheet labels. It'd be great not to switch defaults each session or have to purchase uniform printers across locations.
shipping101
First-timer (legacy)
Is there any update on any progress/timeline in fixing this issue? It's been a request for nearly 4 years now. I was speaking with customer service via chat and they said that this suggestion would be implemented in the near future and linked me to this forum page, but I don't see any updates saying/implying that here.
vfsupplyco
First-timer
Yep, 4 years and nothing. Typical Shipstation. Completely out of touch with the users and their needs.