cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarelyjeremy
First-timer

Here’s the deets I just submitted through the contact form. Hoping for a quicker answer here, or at the very least some kind of validation that I’m not the only one experiencing this. 

After being forced to upgrade to the new ShipStation Connect app, I’m unable to print from ShipStation. I can print test documents from MacOS Finder directly to the thermal printer, so I know it’s connected and working. 

In addition: 

ShipStation Connect is connected
My OFFNOVA thermal printer is connected
It shows up in MacOS as well as ShipStation > Printing > Connect > Devices > Printers

So, ShipStation recognizes the printer just fine. 

HOWEVER — when I send ANY ShipStation order (from any Store) to this printer, ShipStation thinks that it successfully sends the data, however my printer does nothing. (See this gif: https://share.cleanshot.com/bnC3NLHK

There is no error message. 

Thank you in advance, 

8 Comments
ohelsbells
Contributor

Validation incoming.

This has happened to us countless times over the past few weeks. The first time, I immediately got into a chat with a human on the SS team and they remoted into our computer because we confirmed everything was connected properly after refreshing, rebooting, etc. Ultimately, they found (or disclosed) no real cause for the issue. It was near the end of our work day, so I made a note for what orders needed labels printed for the following morning, hoping everything worked by then. It did! No resolution ticket, but I was glad it worked again. It has happened sporadically since that day, but for no longer than an hour. It's not convenient to halt shipping in the middle of a work day because a shipping software isn't able to print shipping labels. 

If anyone on the support team has a WO for troubleshooting this (besides refreshing connections and making sure all printers are connected), please share it here. Any insights as to what is causing this problem is helpful too. If there are system updates in SS internally that are causing interferences with basic SS consumer functionality, we'd just like to know about it.

CaraAdmin
Khoros

Hello @rarelyjeremy!

Thank you for your post on the community! I see that you currently have a ticket open with the support team and have scheduled a time for a screen share. While I wish I could provide more information, the best way to troubleshoot this issue is to work directly with the support team.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Cara

belmontleatherc
Occasional Contributor

This has been a consistent issue on all 3 of our workstations over the past few months, support has constantly gave us the same troubleshooting steps with no results. It seems to happen during the later half of the day

PR
Occasional Contributor

I have had this issue as well. I found that if shipstation is not running in the background you will not get labels to print.  I found that if you close shipstation and restart shipstation, this has worked for me, hope this helps.

PR
Occasional Contributor

I had this happen to me again. I noticed that I had two stations that were both connected under the same name. I disconnected one of them and my labels started working again. My guess is that ship station did not know which station to use. Hope this helps.

sales142
Contributor

We have a similar issue. Unfortunately it appears to have started happening after the ShipStation Connect software was updated on our Windows machine. When printing from the App we get the Successfully Started Print Job message but nothing ever prints out. ShipStation customer support, as usual, has been absolutely useless.

Nd9622
First-timer

is your account set for ZPL or PDF labels?

datpeskyrabbit
New Contributor

Sales142:

We have the exact same problem. Shipstation has been unable to fix.