cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
pete8314
First-timer
I'm fairly new to ShipStation, but it seems one of the obvious enhancements would be to allow customization of the packing slips without needing HTML skills...essentially, exactly the same interface available to edit the email templates.
28 Comments
alan13
First-timer (legacy)
Ain't nobody got time for that html shiznit yo lol I'm just sayin'.. WYSIWYG editing would definitely help customize packing slips much like the email editor. Just push the button already and make it happen! ๐Ÿ˜›
jamie12ga
First-timer (legacy)
I could not believe how complicated editing a packing slip would be in ShipStation. I don't understand why this would have to be a feature that has to be requested. Who has time to learn HTML when we already pay for ShipStation service...
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for your updates, @everyone! If you haven't already, what types of customizations are you looking to make? @Jamie.Calder - Is there something specific you're looking for? Most of the basic packing slip edits require a simple copy and paste from our example articles and don't require much HTML knowledge. You can also download copies of the packing slip as you're editing them to watch your progress along the way.
timyerby
New Contributor
After 1 year I can't believe you are still asking for comments on this. You obviously don't deem it important enough based on the response to implement. Re: Jaime Calder's comment - he probably wants to change fonts and styles - bold, colors, italics, etc. And your html is not standard HTML so we can't just cut and paste from standard editors, and you examples are woefully inadequate with minimal examples. If you are going to ignore the request for a WYSIWIG editor, how about at least providing some meaningful code that we can use in an example. At a minimum you should provide code that would allow: 1. Text enhancement of an entire paragraph a. Color b. Bold c. Underline d. Italic e. above combinations 2. Text enhancement within a paragraph or sentence - only selected words - same combinations as above.
jamie12ga
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin, ShipStation Is there a way to have the shipping method "Requested Service" automatically printed on the packing slips? Right now it says "Ship Date" then it's blank across from it. I want it to say "Ship" then across from it auto populate with the requested service. Thank you, Jamie
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Tim Yerby - Thanks for chiming in with that! While we research the WYSIWYG editor, I'm looking to provide solutions for users like yourself today, and to help with basic font changes, like color, bold, underline, italics like you suggested, we've just added this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/217551858 At the end of the article are 2 fantastic resources to provide more information on editing HTML that's also helped a lot of us ShipStation staff members out. @Jamie.Calder - Thanks for the update! The field to do that is: [Requested Shipping Service] The document at the bottom of this page will have all the possible fields that can be used if you'd like to add other order-specific info to your packing slips: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901168
jamie12ga
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin, ShipStation Um, thanks but I STILL don't have time to learn HTML, read through Articles, view FAQ's etc, etc. Now if you would provide step by step instructions on how to do what I require, I would appreciate it. Since you acknowledged that ShipStation Staff had to go through these resources to learn how to edit templates, I'm hoping you or another staff member would be willing to provide me the step by step instructions. Thank you
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Jamie.Calder - I sent you an email with instructions, please keep an eye out! I understand it takes some time to get used to looking at HTML so if you need clarification on how to edit the packing slip, please shoot us an email at Support@ShipStation.com or chat in with us and we'll be happy to walk you through it!
wprochrisjenkin
First-timer (legacy)
Realtime and/or GUI editing of Packing Slip templates would be helpful, vs html and downloading samples. Also downloading and being able to upload to another ShipStation account would be helpful as well.
wgrant
New Contributor
The defualt packing slip design is pretty lackluster. If you want to customize it, you have to upgrade to the Silver plan, while other services offer this for free.