cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred attempting to update orders: Could not refresh authorization credentials in timely

shipping
Contributor

Trying to update ETSY

I get these errors

An error occurred attempting to update orders: Could not refresh authorization credentials in timely manner.

paypal updates but not etsy

2023-08-01_130040.jpg

35 REPLIES 35

shipping
Contributor

it's working now

shipping
Contributor

It's not working this morning

An error occurred attempting to update orders: Could not refresh authorization credentials in timely manner.

shipping
Contributor

now it's working

Hello @shipping

Thanks for being a part of our community and for reaching out. I am so happy to hear that this is resolved for you, if you notice this occurs again I would reach out to our support team directly to report this. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

Hi 

We are having same issue, please advise how to solve this? Thanks

shipshipper
Contributor

I get these temporary update errors too, which is frustrating. It could be Shipstation's servers, or the store's. Manually refreshing after waiting a few hours usually fixes it.

What is a major problem to me is that Shipstation just permanently turns off auto-updates when this happens and doesn't notify you. (The only way to know is see that tiny exclamation point in the corner.)

I'm trying to get shipstation to be aware of this and fix this. There's no reason it should turn off auto-updates, and it should clearly notify you if there is a store connection error.

Please thumbs up on this suggestion to hopefully get some awareness so Ship station takes notice: https://community.shipstation.com/t5/ShipStation-Features/Suggestion-DON-T-disable-auto-ORDER-IMPORT...

rachel4green
New Contributor

I've experienced this issue sporadically since Tuesday 8/1.  Very annoying!

ABBEYBIKETOOLS
New Contributor

Not working agian....same issue as this

"An error occurred attempting to update orders:Could not refresh authorization credentials in timely manner."

How can this shit continue to happen

sam17
Occasional Contributor

UPS this time for us

charleeoneill
Occasional Contributor

UPS for us too. Busiest weekend of the year. Thanks Shipstation. 😡

Hello @ABBEYBIKETOOLS 

Thank you for your post! Upon reviewing the ShipStation Status page, an issue appears to be being investigated. I recommend subscribing to notifications on the Status page for future updates to stay informed.

I appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue! 

-Cara

works on every other shipping platform.  Nice they charged us our monthly fee today for a service that doesn't currently work

Hello @tk3!

Thank you for your post! Upon reviewing the ShipStation Status page, an issue appears to be being investigated. If you haven't already, I recommend subscribing to notifications on the Status page to stay informed about future updates.

I appreciate your patience with us today! 

-Cara

shopkhoi
Occasional Contributor

It seems like every week there is a new issue with shipstation! Someone needs to be hired to work on improving servers across the board. this makes all of our businesses look silly. 

NeanAndOe
Rookie

hi I am having this same issue? when will this be resolved, I have over 80 orders to ship out today that are seasonal-specific 

Hello Everyone! 

Thank you for being patient while we worked through the service issue earlier today. According to the ShipStation Status page, the problem has been fully resolved. If you haven’t already, I recommend subscribing to status updates on the ShipStation Status Page to stay informed in the future. 

Happy Shipping!

-Cara

sam_d_777
First-timer

Same issue this morning. Incredibly disruptive having shipping not being able to work on a Monday morning.

LabAlley
New Contributor

ezpools
Rookie

same issue, have 100+ orders that cannot ship out... also several more that I cannot even import from our stores

milenecj
Rookie

I'm having this issue too. How is everyone else handling their monday shipments? 

shopkhoi
Occasional Contributor

We are printing directly through Shopify..we have hundreds of orders that need to go out and are not waiting for Shipstation this is taking far too long to fix already. 

somcalmetim
Rookie

A generic "thank you for your patience" is pretty ignorant when there is hundreds of packages missing shipping deadlines...any sort of eta would be helpful so working businesses could tell if they had to change provider to work around whatever issue Shipstation is having...

jacob1
New Contributor

Same problem for over an hour. Will this be days again like last month? 

The contact us page is just a 404 error right now.😁  "We can't find the page you were looking for". At least they are honest.

Good thing we have this forum. Like many people have mentioned, Why not hire a team to go through this forum and resolve some of the issues?? Some have been sitting for YEARS! I shouldn't need to list them off, that is what this fancy community forum is for! There is an existing thread for every single issue I have with ShipStation, many are getting very old. Sometimes even marked resolved when they really are not... Please listen to us.

sam17
Occasional Contributor

for us, we went into UPS carrier settings and re-connected (Authorized) and it started working again.  Funny, we shipped several packages then the error.  No problem (so far) since the re-authorization.  

jacob1
New Contributor

That is good news.

looks like this works for some but not all. Apparently this will only work if your UPS account is directly form UPS. Unfortunately, If the UPS account was generated by Shipstation then there is no option to Re-Connect/Authorize the account.

sam17
Occasional Contributor

You may be right, ours is direct negotiated rates with UPS so we don't need to add funds as i've seen further down.  Maybe that's why some are having success with toggling on and off UPS provided with shipstation.

jardon1
Occasional Contributor

Yay more issues. guess what? Amazon doesn't care if shipstation isn't working, they still expect you to send orders. Fix your shzt 

sam17
Occasional Contributor

Yes and we stopped selling on AMZ because of this.  We would have a clear screen then the next day a couple hundred orders that spanned about 5 days and all of them were 3-5 days late.  Amazon of course, dings you for this for shipping it "Late" even though we just received and shipped them within a couple hours.  got tired of AMZ always promising to correct the dings but then threatening to close the account if we didn't get out shipping times better.   Funny thing is, we haven't noticed a dip since cutting AMZ off lol.  We never cared if we sold anything, just wanted the product name in front of their customer searches 🙂

Yes, SS failed us with AMZ. They both blame each others API for these incidents.

tomassduque
First-timer

Hey everyone. One of my clients was having a similar problem but this seemed to fix it:

i went to shipping > carriers > toggled on and off on ups > your carrier accounts > carrier settings > save

This method worked for me too.

It did not work when toggled quickly. I had to leave it toggled off for about 15 min, then I toggled it back on and it worked.

somcalmetim
Rookie

Yep, had to reauthorize UPS and then manually add funds to shipstation or it wouldnt go through...got first label bought and printed tho...

HGP
Rookie

I'm now having the same issue. Four out of five connections, one is shopify, two are amazon, one is etsy - but one other shopify is working.

"An error occurred attempting to update orders: Could not refresh authorization credentials in timely manner."

This is ridiculous - I'm using this "downtime" to look into alternatives! You've raised your rates while your service and customer service have tanked!

stretchyscreens
New Contributor

Why is this still happening: Could not refresh authorization credentials in timely manner.

Shipstation monthly fees keep going up and the service gets worse... 

This is happening to us right now too! Second time recently that the UPS connections have been down! 

Happening to us as well.  What a shame.  Hopefully it gets resolved soon.