cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Scan Actions Report

VLTD
New Contributor

Since getting this working again doesn't seem to be much a priority for ShipStation (despite the fact that they seem to want to continue to boast about how easy it makes workflows) does anyone have any clue what the syntax is to create our own barcode sheet based on existing hotkeys? And does anyone have a link to the old barcode sheets that are all currently dead links on support articles?

It's pretty comical how often it's mentioned in support documentation with nothing but dead ends on how to actually get this set up.

5 REPLIES 5

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hi @VLTD , 

Thanks for being a part of our community and for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble locating information on barcode syntax, hopefully, we can fix that. I am going to do some research for you about the syntax, but could you send me those broken links so I can report them? You can either reply to this post or send them to me via private message, whatever works best for you.  

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

VLTD
New Contributor

Hi Erin,

Every article referring to barcode leads to a dead-end solution (no one is using Shipstation Legacy any more - and we no longer have the option to revert back) and any article linking to PDF files that had commonly used hotkeys are dead links. Search your own support articles and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hello @VLTD

Thank you for providing this context.

I have been and definitely will be pouring over these resources to locate what you are mentioning.  Since we do have an extensive help center library I wanted to give you the opportunity to share individual article links/examples so we could prioritize them and get this remedied faster.

That being said, if you have any you want to link here we are more than happy to review them. In the meantime, I will get this feedback over to my content team for review. 

Hi again, 

I just wanted to follow up with you. Our content team just completed a sweep of all relevant links to make sure they were functional. That being said we did not find any deadlinks related to that specific PDF, if you have a moment it would be really helpful if you could send the links you found so we can make sure it is fixed for everyone. 

I have attached the hotkey download link below, please feel free to let us know if you have any trouble downloading. 

HotKeys PDF 

AlecW
Occasional Contributor

Hi @VLTD 

I'm not sure if you found a resolution to this. But I found this https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036323651-Use-Shipping-Presets#apply-preset-to-mul...

At the bottom of the apply presets section there is mention of "print hot keys and barcodes" if this works for you let me know. I can print the barcodes but when scanned they don't do anything for me.