cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canceled Order Outbreak!!

wnenkow
First-timer

My fellow retaliers and me, have been receiving a rash of orders (which is good), but they receive notification of shipment, and then send an email to cancel the order. Knowing that the order is on the way. They even are bold enough to ask if they can keep the order. I know we can deny a refund (if it's on our website) but very difficult to do it it's on eBay, Walmart or Amazon. In fact we can get removed.

So I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for this, or can we ask the shipping companies to institute an instant return somehow? Any and all suggestions are welcome, since this is growing.

Wnenkow

3 REPLIES 3

IP1999
Contributor

I had this issue with a beginner seller. So what we did was print the labels in shipstation and package the order. But we did not actually ship it. We waited to physically send the package till the last possible time.

but Shopify and eBay got the tracking right away and the customer was notified right away. So the customers got the tracking right away, and if they were scamming us they would send in the email right away.

you have to make sure that your shipping time and shipping rules on your site will work with this method 

Hello @IP1999

Thanks for being a part of our community and for reaching out to offer assistance. 

This is great advice as long as all selling channel expectations are being met as far as shipping and delivery timing, like you said above. We appreciate you sharing with us. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @wnenkow

Thanks for reaching out and for being a part of the community. I am so happy to hear that your orders are picking up, that is great news. 

Some carriers can reroute a package while it is in transit, if you reach out to them directly to intercept the package. It does depend on the carrier so you would have to make sure they offer this service. 

Hopefully this information might help you out.

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager