cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Post

Anna
First-timer

Does anyone know if it's possible to opt OUT of Global Post?  All of my international packages are currently being fed through a global post location in Carol Stream, IL and I've had a lot of packages that end up sitting there for a month, which is ridiculous.  I didn't even know I was using Global Post -- I assumed my USPS packages went through customs and then on to their destination country.  

In addition to shipping through Ship Station, I also do shipping through Etsy.  Etsy package labels print all the customs information and they just ship straight to the destination with no problems -- I've never had a complaint.  I've had three complaints from this global post link just in the last month and I've wasted a lot of time trying to get some answers.

Their service is awful and I want out!

1 REPLY 1

SuperMgr-Sarah
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna, 

To use GlobalPost services, you have to select the GlobalPost service from the services drop-down:

SuperMgr-Sarah_0-1616455982142.png

If you are not choosing GlobalPost services but your international USPS shipments are going through a domestic sorting facility, it's likely they are using the Global Advantage Program (GAP) from Stamps.com, which does occur automatically when you choose international services using your Stamps account in ShipStation. I did some research and it looks like you can opt out of GAP if you contact Stamps support and request they disable the feature on your Stamps.com account. Here is the general Stamps support number: 1-855-860-7867

If you need your Stamps.com account username, in ShipStation go to Settings > Shipping > Carriers & Fulfillment, then click the settings icon next to your Stamps account. Your username should be the first item in the settings pop-up.

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx