cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know which items are aligned to which End of Day?

coalfield
Contributor

I cannot find this is this exists, but due to the nature of the way SS splits end of days, I now have 2 end of days with one set of parcels.  I have no idea for the life of my how I figure out which parcel is aligned to which end of day.

SS support told me to contact the courier - royalmail.  

Royalmail have told me they dont see this information only SS can provide this, as they do with click and drop.

Now pretty majorly stuck on this.  If this can be self served would love to know how.  If it cannot then this NEEDS to be a feature.  I can view the end of day but it doesn't tell me whats in it!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @coalfield

From checking out the printable Royal Mail EOD form, it looks like the package type (and not the individual tracking numbers) is all that is provided. 

I totally get wanting to see this information, and I have a potential solution that may help out a little. You could view that EOD form to know how many of what package type you are looking to confirm, and then compare that to the SHIPMENTS grid filtered for the day that you are inspecting. This should show you the applicable shipments for that date. 

I know this isn't the perfectly integrated solution you are looking for, but hopefully can be of some use! 

Happy shipping! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Thanks for coming back on this...  I just dropped an email to support as this is a real problem for myself and potentially other users.

The packages dont really need to be on the EOD form itself, but do need to be able to access the shipments aligned to the EOD# in SS.

I totally get wanting to see this information, and I have a potential solution that may help out a little. You could view that EOD form to know how many of what package type you are looking to confirm, and then compare that to the SHIPMENTS grid filtered for the day that you are inspecting. This should show you the applicable shipments for that date. 

Unfortunately this does not work.  I am not really sure why but the report that shows shipping days just doesn't seem to work properly.  The shipping dates do not align correctly with the day they were shipped, they are a little bit off.  So when it doesn't add up (which I have never found it to), its impossible to tell which is the outlier(s).

Ideal and probably easiest to implement would be to have an additional column in this report showing the EOD# but there is no option for this.

Royalmail have confirmed they will provide this with Click and Drop but 3rd parties would need to be able to provide this.

Whats needed is a breakdown of the items in an EOD in a similar way to as the shipments are closed.  So the information is there, just not accessible after hitting the 'Close Selected' button its gone forever!

Example of info needed

coalfield
Contributor

I wrote a big reply and then lost it as it asked me to login.  Doh.

So in short... unfortunately that solution does not work as the shipping dates do not add up with the EOD... for whatever reason they are always slightly off.  In short the shipment date SS uses is not the same as the EOD date, and this means its impossible to track down the right shipment to the right manifest.

If EOD date could be added as a column that would be ideal, or even better the EOD# as one of the columns.

The below shows the information which access is needed to ultimately, which is there until you hit the 'Close Selected' button but after which is completely inaccessible.

1.jpg