cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please reset USPS Ground Advantage to "trackable"

dyedianadye
Occasional Contributor

Right now, Shipstation does not have the new USPS Service "Ground Advantage" set internally as a trackable service. As a result, shipping notifications are not sent when I want them to be sent (when the item is first scanned), nor does any shipping status flow into the grid, always showing a question mark.

Seems like it should be a relatively simple change, especially since USPS Ground Advantage is indeed a trackable service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dyedianadye
Occasional Contributor

Happy to report the situation appears to be fixed and that USPS Ground Advantage now behaves as a trackable service. Thanks, Shipstation!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TackformSupport
First-timer

We've opened multiple tickets and they've told us to switch our settings, which have been working fine for the past 6 years, to "Send notification on label creation". We've asked both support agents if there were any issues with the USPS ground advantage service sending shipping updates to ShipStation and they danced around it a bit stating "Carriers are unreliable". No knock on the agents, but I'm guessing they're being told to say that. It's extremely frustrating because we have to change our internal processes to accommodate the changes. I know this isn't a helpful post, but letting you know we are experiencing the same thing. I was relieved to see someone else with the same issue.

I think the problem is not with the carrier, but with the internal coding of the system. I can go to the USPS tracking page and see all the scans, and it's certain that Shipstation could as well. I believe the issue is that the code is not telling the system to go fetch the info because it doesn't know that the service "USPS Ground Advantage" is actually trackable. It's probably just an on/off switch that gets set for every service, and this one needs to be reset.

Anyway, thank you for the response, it's refreshing to know I'm not alone!

Hello @dyedianadye thank you for bringing this to our attention! We'll be reaching out via DMs here momentarily to get your account information so we can get this documented properly and get it in front of a member of our team! Hope you're having a great week.

Hello @TackformSupport, we're sorry to hear that you've had a frustrating experience with our team and thank you for bringing this to our attention! We'll be reaching out via DMs here momentarily to get your account information so we can get this documented properly and get it in front of a member of our team! Hope you're having a great week.

dyedianadye
Occasional Contributor

Happy to report the situation appears to be fixed and that USPS Ground Advantage now behaves as a trackable service. Thanks, Shipstation!

Hello @dyedianadye

Thank you so much for letting us know that this has been fixed. We are so happy that you are back to shipping!

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager