cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when combining with partially shipped order

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

I have an order that was previously split and partially shipped.  So this order has one shipped shipment and one unshipped shipment.  I needed to add an item to the unshipped half.  I created a new order and then combined this new order with the unshipped shipment.  The result is that all of the items - the new order, the shipped shipment, and unshipped shipment, have been combined into one shipment that is marked as shipped.

So, I've lost the record of which items were shipped and which ones were not, so now I need to try to recreate that.

I just can't believe that ShipStation took a platform that worked so well and has rendered it so completely unusable.  How could you force us all onto V3 when it has so many problems?  This is a major issue that is going to lead to either missed shipments or double shipments and lots of extra manual work.

6 REPLIES 6

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

Oh god and now that the shipment is marked as "shipped" I can't even split it back into two shipments again.  What am I supposed to do with this?

BC-Shipping
Frequent Contributor

Yup, V3 just printed the label for the backordered item I split off. Now it notified Shopify that the backordered item was fulfilled which in turn emailed the customer that we just shipped the item that we just told him was backordered. 

Hello there! 

I see that y'all are running into issues with partially shipped orders. We absolutely want to help! 

If the current functionality is keeping you from shipping, I encourage you to reach out to our support team. You can reach them directly at support@shipstation.com or through the app itself. They'll be best equipped to investigate and walk you through potential workarounds for your business. 

For additional help getting started, please feel free to check out the following resources: 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Are you going to take action on this based on this forum post?  Or do I need to send it to Support as well?

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

This just happened to me again!  A customer placed a new order and I combined it with the unshipped half of a previous order, and now the entire order is marked as shipped.  This is going to ruin my afternoon.

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

It let me "restore" the order and move the items from the new order to a separate shipment that is unshipped.  But the original order number has disappear, all of the items are now under the new order number.  I still need to split out the unshipped half of the original order but it's not letting me restore that shipment in the way it did the first time.

I'm done.  I'm done.  Shipstation, you've completely ruined a great piece of software.