cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipstation connect wants to install everytime I login to my computer

tlbrewer
New Contributor

Shipstation connect wants to install everytime I login to my computer.  How do I stop it from asking everytime that I start my computer.   I used to have it installed, but uninstalled it and cancelled my account.

9 REPLIES 9

LWeaver
First-timer

Same here. This is disgusting.

There is a shipstation executable in the startup folder that needs to be deleted.  You can get to it through one of the methods below.  

1.   Press the Windows logo key  + R, type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
2.  Open File explorer and navigae to:  

C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Thanks for this. I contacted Shipstation support, and they acted completely ignorant to this problem and told me they didn't know how to fix it. As a result, I will always recommend against Shipstation and parent company Stamps.com to anyone who will listen. What a despicable tactic! Who knows what other nefarious tools they include in their app installers?

Hello Everyone, 

My apologies for the delay in reaching out to you all. I have been talking with my internal team about this, and had been waiting for an update to provide. I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have additional information to provide with you all. 

In the meantime, can you all please provide me with the current version of connect that you are running? I want to make sure that this is not happening with our newest version. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to follow up on this with everyone. We are still looking into this with our developers since this should not be the behavior of connect. I would like to gather some additional information for our team to continue to investigate. Please be on the lookout for a DM from me about this.  

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

Hi Erin, 

Any update on this? We are still running into this issue consistently upon restart. 

thank you this worked.

mark42
First-timer

yes everything current and our system always wants to keep installing too. Then we have two instances running and it still does not print. The bane of my life as the shipping team spend hours uninstalling and reinstalling, restarts. ball ache.  

chad7
Occasional Contributor

Still an issue.

I think I solved it myself by removing it from the startup folder.