cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC Codes Disappearing From Product Records

JG95
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We have several different Shipstation accounts. One of our accounts that processes about 200-300 shipments per month has chronic issues with product records changing. For instance, saved image URLs and UPC codes will vanish from the product record field. At times, when using the scan function for picking verification, the UPC code will have extra zeroes at the beginning, or fully disappear. We've had a case open for weeks/months, and it's supposedly at the developer level, though we receive no resolutions or updates.

At the time, we thought it was simply an account-specific issue. But recently, we started using the scan feature with our main Shipstation account (over 2000 orders per month). A bit over two weeks ago, I put UPC codes in the product records. Slowly but surely, UPCs are also falling off in this account. I can pull up an order from 2/9 with "SKU A" - UPC shows perfectly. Now, if I pull an order from 2/12 with "SKU A" - the UPC field is empty. There's not a trace in the "activity" field of the product record being changed.

Getting to my wits end on what to do. Tried contacting "Enterprise Support." I have given countless examples/screenshots to support the original ticket. It's very difficult to use the scan workflow for accuracy when you have "exploding" UPC codes on a daily basis.

Are others having the issue of product records having information just disappear, such as image URLs and UPC codes?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

sam2
New Contributor

We've had the issue of UPC and customs info records disappearing as well and have also not had any success yet working with support.

JG95
Occasional Contributor

The workaround seems to be to use the "override the imported name" on each SKU. I did that on our products, and pictures and UPCs stopped falling off. 

gabrielle_BAS
Occasional Contributor

Same issue here!

Here is some additional info that might help troubleshooting.

For some products, I am still able to find the product in "Scan to Verify". It works only for the products that have the UPC showing under them on the "Scan to Verify" page. What is odd is that the UPC is NOT showing in the UPC field of the product. When I go to the Products tab, the entire UPC column is blank, other than for a few UPCs that I entered manually.

For products that DON'T work in scan to verify, the UPC is not showing under the product. Just like the ones that do work, the UPC is not showing in the UPC field of the Products page. When I add the UPC manually, it still doesnt work.

It looks like there are two UPC fields in ShipStation instead of just one. ie "UPC_field_visible" and a "UPC_field_hidden" . The UPC field showing in the product's page or the Product table would be the "UPC_field_visible", and the UPC field showing under the product names in the Scan to Verify page would be the "UPC_field_hidden".

In the image below, the scan to verify works for the first 3 products (showing a UPC), but not for the last one (not showing a UPC). That being said, NONE of them have a UPC code showing in the Products table. When I add a code manually (ie for the last item), the UPC field on the Scan to Verify page is still showing blank.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

UPC showing (and scan works)UPC showing (and scan works)UPC not showing for same productUPC not showing for same product

Hello gabriella_BAS! 

Thank you for your post and for providing so many details. I would recommend reaching out to support@shipstation.com. This is a common issue, and they will look into a solution for you. Support will be able to identify the specific reason this is happening for you. 

Have a fantastic Friday, and happy shipping!

-Cara