cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Shipping Manifest Not Registering/Updating on ShipStating

friendsartlab
New Contributor

My USPS mail carrier is scanning my end of the day USPS shipping manifest, but unfortunately it is not registering/updating on ShipStation or USPS. This has never happened before and I am not sure why this is not occurring. It used to be that the mail carrier would scan the USPS end of the day shipping manifest and it would then register on ShipStation as the item was picked up; however, while it is being scanned by the USPS mail carrier, it is not registering on ShipStation at all! 

Is anyone else having this problem???

109 REPLIES 109

dell
Contributor

Are you referring to the Scan Sheets, that the carrier scans to accept all the packages.  If so, yes we are having the same problem, they are scanning the scan sheets, the USPS tracking is not actually showing as received.  I have been in contact with our local postmaster, and he told me that when he showed they scanned the scan sheet, the scanner accepted the scan sheet, but there were no packages attached to it, even though the sheet said the amount of packages, and told me I needed to contact where I get the scan sheet from so I opened a support case with shipstation.  Please if this is the same for you, go and open a support case.  I honestly was having a hard time believing I was the only person this was happening to.

Hi Dell, 

I have in fact opened a Support Case with ShipStation regarding this matter and the staff named "Thabo M" is the person working on the issue. I opened the case over 1 week ago; however, nothing has been rectified yet. "Thabo M" kept closing the case when in fact he had not done anything to rectify the matter. I sent him a reply asking him to stop closing the case and he now said he has referred this matter over to a senior staff member, so we will see what happens. 

This most definitely is a ShipStation issue as I use various shipping platforms for our business and I am NOT having any issues with the end of the day shipping manifests from any other shipping platforms, but instead just ShipStation. I will keep you abreast of this matter as I receive updates from ShipStation. 

Kind regards,

Michelle Klebofski

Have you received any type of resolution to this end of the day scan form problem yet? I have been in constant contact with ShipStation; however, nothing has been done. They just continue to say "We have escalated the issue to a Senior Staff;" however, still nothing is done or gets fixed. This is terrible and I have many customers who are furious at us when if fact this is ShipStation's fault! The end of the day Scan Sheets have not been registering with USPS for nearly 1 month now and ShipStation has done absolutely nothing to correct this problem. This is unacceptable on their part! Terrible service by ShipStation.

dell
Contributor

How interesting, as I opened a case and that was the same person who helped me.  It is Definitely a shipstation problem, as I have been working with my local postmaster and he informed me when they scan the sheets, it accepts then but not packages are actually attached.  So Thursday this last week, I printed about 30 labels through eBay and used the scan sheet from there and it worked perfectly.  I do believe it had to do with Shipstation hasn’t updated the services yet, because their scan sheet still shows First Class mail, and the eBay scan sheet showed the new services Ground and Ground advantage.  I really hope they fix this soon, because it is causing us problems.

PLM
Occasional Contributor

We have the same issue, Shipstation claims they receive the form from the USPS or Stamps and they can't do anything about it.

dell
Contributor

Well that would be very ridiculous, considering Stamps.com owns Shipstation.

Are you experiencing the same problem of the manifest not scanning? This has been going on for nearly 1 month and no solution/correction on behalf of ShipStation.

Have you received any type of resolution from ShipStation yet? This has now been going on for nearly 1 month.

dell
Contributor

Just an FYI, my case, after much going back and forth was escalated to Senior Support, then I received an email yesterday that they escalated it from Senior Support to the Developers.  I hope this get fixed soon.

They have been telling me the same thing for nearly 1 month now; however, nothing is being fixed. Terrible business practice on behalf of ShipStation.

mbforderbox
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  I opened a case with ShipStation earlier this week and the response was a blow off.  They told me this is not their issue, it is Stamps.com's issue and provided me with a link to contact them.  I did, and so far nothing.

That is a very dumb response from ShipStation, as stamps.com owns ShipStation.  

wyn
New Contributor

I have the same issue about two weeks, scan form is being scanned by the USPS, but acceptance scan (shipment received) not showing in the tracking information

dell
Contributor

Please make sure to open a case with shipstation, the more cases opened about this, the more eyes get put on it.

I opened a case with ShipStation nearly 1 month ago, along with numerous other individuals, yet nothing is being done. Terrible on behalf of ShipStation.

I have been going through this problem with ShipStation for nearly 1 month with no correction in sight. Numerous people have filed claims with them regarding this matter, yet nothing is being handled.

Austinite
Occasional Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I've worked with the local PO thinking the carrier was not scanning, but I'm now fairly certain the carrier is scanning, but that action is not being record in the USPS tracking system. I tried printing the SCAN form through Stamps.com and had the same result. I did report this to SS support and supposedly it was "escalated" but I've heard nothing yet.

Thanks for opening a case.  At first they told me it wasn’t there problem, but then I gave them the eBay scan sheet which now looks completely different then there’s.  Then that’s when they decided there is an actual problem.  I have received a few follow up emails saying it was escalated to senior support, then the development team.  I don’t understand it, but the last one that said it was escalated to development, said they work in two week blocks, which I think is odd.  This is obviously a system wide problem.  Scan sheets being broken and not working, in my opinion, should take top priority over everything.  It’s also hard for me to believe that it would take this long to fix.  I’m also appalled that Stamps.com (owner of shipstation), for as large a company as what they are, were not ahead of the game and had these changes in place for when the USPS dropped first class and changed to ground advantage.  I mean, come on, eBay managed to do it, and that’s saying something!

Austinite
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! The Stamps.com SCAN form looked exactly like ShipStation's except that it was a slightly smaller scale print. It listed the service as First Class; there was no Ground Advantage listed.

You are correct in that the ineffective manner in which ShipStation has handled this matter is absolutely terrible. This should take top priority; however, I filed the first claim with ShipStation regarding this matter nearly one month ago, yet nothing has been done or corrected. We are new to ShipStation and I must tell you we are very unimpressed with how terrible they have handled this matter. 

I file a case with ShipStation regarding this matter nearly 1 month ago and they have still done nothing to fix the problem. They continue to say it is being "escalated," yet nothing is being done! Terrible, terrible, terrible on behalf of ShipStation.

jason13
Occasional Contributor

I just wanted to add my name to the list on this as well. So frustrating, I have been working with my local post master as well documenting these daily and just found this thread. I assumed it was something with the USPS but now I know it is a Shipstation issue not USPS.

I submitted a a support case with Shipstation just now to help add more voices to this and also provided them .pdf scans of counter receipts as well so it is clearly documented.

Hopefully this can be resolved quickly. In the least they should have communicated there is a problem. That would have saved some of us a lot of time instead of having to do all the detective work ourselves. 

Thank you for filing a claim with ShipStation. I filed mine nearly one month ago regarding this matter, yet ShipStation has done absolutely nothing to fix it. We only continue to hear that the matter has been "escalated," yet nothing is being done. Terrible service on behalf of ShipStation.

dell
Contributor

I honestly can not believe that it has been two weeks now, and they have not fixed this problem yet.  This is making them look like a joke.

It actually has been nearly 1 month that this has been going on and ShipStation STILL has NOT fixed anything. Their service has been nothing shy of TERRIBLE!

orders86
New Contributor

We are also experiencing this issue. Was going around between our mail carrier and USPS trying to find why are forms were not showing up in the system after being scanned for the last couple of weeks. I'll also open up a ticket with shipstation.

This has now been going on for nearly 1 month since I filed a claim regarding this matter, yet ShipStation has done nothing to fix it. Terrible service on behalf of ShipStation.

123qwe
New Contributor

I am also experiencing this problem for the past two weeks and Monday was my breaking point. I am looking for other options. I opened a case over two weeks ago and still have no response. This week I have over 40 orders from Monday that never received a scan acceptance from USPS and my store is about to be shut-down for a late dispatch rate. I have reshipped over 50 orders these past two weeks, we are a high volume store, and this is completely unacceptable. I have referenced this community page several times, so they know this problem exists. Be Better Shipstation, I'm looking for other options. 

ShipStation has been nothing shy of TERRIBLE regarding this matter. I opened a case nearly one month ago regarding this matter and they have done absolutely nothing. I have hundreds of items not being scanned, not to mention furious customers ... all because of ShipStations ineffectiveness. I agree that it is time to look for other options. People cannot run businesses this way. Shame of you, ShipStation.

We are a very high volume shipper also, averaging anywhere from 300-500 USPS shipments everyday.  It really stinks as I have not been able to find a better option for shipping that communicates with our software.  I had the same problem this last Monday also, no scan, and I dropped off almost 1,000 packages to the USPS last Monday.  I am at my wits end with this, and they have stopped communicating it seems also.

123qwe
New Contributor

I am trying "Aftership" today, compared to Shipstation it is a little more expensive, but not by much. I will let you know how it goes and if it is worth the switch. 

ShipStation has been putting this off for over 1 month now and now resolution in sight! Such poor customer service by ShipStation!

PLM
Occasional Contributor

nothing, I have opened a new case today.

PLM
Occasional Contributor

I have received an email from shipstation that a senior support team has begun it’s investigation on the issue you reported. 3885658 Escalation In Progressshipstation.jpg

jason13
Occasional Contributor

I am finding alternatives regardless. This was the last straw. I still haven't even been given an update for days now on my ticket. They haven't even publicly acknowledged a problem. We all have to be independent detectives here. 

I would be interested in hearing about your research into other companies, as the lack of service we have all received from ShipStation is unacceptable!

dell
Contributor

Unfortunately, I received that same email over a week ago, and the received another escalation email from senior support to the developers, and no updates since.

shipdev.jpg

This is the same nonsense they are telling everyone, yet this issue has been going on for over 1 month with no resolution in sight!

This is the same response they are providing to everybody, yet nothing is being done as this has now been going on for over 1 month!! Terrible service by ShipStation!