cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Tracking Number Problem

OriginalMaine
New Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that the USPS tracking number assigned to the label has already been used? 

61 REPLIES 61

GettingThere
Contributor

The recycled labels from last week now show label created not in system yet.  So it appears they cleared the August info but by not having current it really changes nothing.

Gettar
Occasional Contributor

Makes it worse. Now buyers will say ...see see I never got it and you never shipped it. This is getting worse as days go on. Now the ones that had both old and new tracking show nothing. So now this opens it up for a whole new group of scammers to say "I never got it, and you never shipped it. Give me my money back"

I came here to post this info but you beat me to it. 🙂 Yes, now it shows as if we've never shipped anything... Not sure what's worse.

john38
Occasional Contributor

Did anyone really expect the Post Office to fix something and make it right??! 

😂 

I've got to laugh or I'm gonna cry.  What a mess. 

Gettar
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, when I shipped and got messages from customers, I told them what shipstation said "that it would fix itself when it gets scanned". Now they know the deal, and are watching the tracking. I got 4 refund requests already. Along with 6 others asking whats going on.  Just the 4 items, out of my pocket, not the price paid by the customer is $220. I have to do some research on this, and find another company like shipstation that handles the channels I sell on but does not have any history of this. I am sure this will happen again. But not to me.

Thanks again for your patience as we evaluate the USPS tracking number situation’s full scope and our users’ needs. We currently have conversations going with Walmart, Etsy, and eBay to ensure they know the extent of the problem and which tracking numbers are affected so that any of our merchants with affected labels will not be negatively affected in their seller ratings.

We will be following up via email with all of our affected users when we have information from each selling channel and will provide you with any steps that you may need to take, along with some sample templates you can use when communicating with your customers. For those customers who have requested to cancel and refund an order due to this issue, please submit a ticket to our support team with the order and tracking number - if you haven’t already - so we can investigate your specific shipments and provide you with further instructions.

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

john38
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.  We have been contacted directly and on most of these packages, this link seems to properly track them:  https://www.goglobalpost.com/track/ - It actually provides pretty nice tracking results.  

Any conversations with Amazon...? I'm sure for most they are the biggest concern.

Best Regards,

John

OB
New Contributor

Thank you for posting the globalpost link.  Very useful.

Please share details -- specifically by name on all ends as to who is working and aware of this issue.

We're getting fired and suspended for your mistake.

Iris

Hi there @DoilyBoutique,

We will not expose personally identifying information about individual company employees. With that in mind, I can assure you that we have members of multiple teams in discussions with representatives from Stamps as well as multiple selling channel partners.

GettingThere
Contributor

Thank you!  ALL my shipments in this mess show up with proper tracking in the global link!   I am sitting on this and just want to see which of my customers tries to pull a fast one on me.  Thank you for the share!

GettingThere
Contributor

Just moments ago, ALL my tracking from this issue have the correct info!!!!

Not mine 😞 most do show correctly in global post link but usps now shows only label created. Except for one, which was already my anomaly because it’s last delivery event was Nov 10th while all others are several months ago. This very recent reused one still shows former delivery data In Usps and global post lookups

john38
Occasional Contributor

Same here... Most of them were from August and they all look good via the GlobalPost tracking, but we've got one that was issued to someone else on 11/23 and to us on 11/26.  The other shippers package was delivered on 11/27 to a different city, state than ours was shipped to and after that there are no more updates... So our customer is stating we shipped it to the wrong address.  

Just got my first one with overlapping transits like that. Two scans, different states, 2 minutes apart. The delivery in my was not my customer, she’s presumably the Virginia scan since that’s where hers is going but it didn’t arrive today:

See how these scans in two different states were only 2 minutes apart? DELIVERED, IN/AT MAILBOX
NEW ROCHELLE, NY, 10805
Nov 30, 2021 - 2:58 pm
ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
ROANOKE VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Nov 30, 2021 - 2:56 pm

GettingThere
Contributor

ShipStation, thank you and no way can this ever happen again not even to one.

GettingThere
Contributor

Funny,  now click on USPS link for my old tracking one's and they show label created again. But if click on link sent to customer that goes to shipstation's branded tracking page it shows all proper details. 

Good news! Just got an update from the team and can confirm that as of midnight 12/2/21, 88% of the affected labels have been successfully delivered. 

Will continue to update y'all here, as more updates become directly available to me! 🙂 

Howdy! Received another update this morning and wanted to share right away!

We have sent Walmart the range of affected tracking numbers and associated order IDs and they have confirmed with us that the affected merchants will not have their seller ratings negatively affected by this issue.

I will continue to update as more information becomes available to me 🙂 Happy Friday folks! 

Really?

I just noticed that my valid tracking rate in Walmart with ShipStation dropped 40%, which freaked me out. This will lead to suspension or termination. I really need to sort this out. All the invalid tracking is coming from USPS. My UPS and Fedex tracking are all in good shape.

I used USPS a lot in the last two weeks. The worst thing is that I can't figure out which orders caused this rate drop. 

How do you talk with Walmart to make sure that this ShipStation-USPS thing will not affect seller ratings?

Thanks.

Gettar
Occasional Contributor

It seemed like they finally showed as delivered (however I did not check all). However there was no there tracing info.

This should have not effected the speed of delivery, so if it shows delivered on xx date it should not effect you seller rating.

Travis-Mc
Rookie

For what it's worth. I just created another label and this one is fine.