cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone else having Support issues? LIVE CHAT disappeared!!

OTC_Eddie
Contributor

Hi.. 

I'm having trouble getting through to support, via LIVE CHAT and EMAIL. 

At my current tier, it should include all the support functions except PHONE Support, but the support options that should be available, are not. 

In a previous LIVECHAT, support diverted my issues to a technical team, and we confirmed that support is 24/7.   At this point, it have been 4 days, so pulling my hair out now. 

Anyone one else experiencing similar issues?  or Recommendations to find support ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @OTC_Eddie and @Chappy

Thank you both for being a part of our community, we are so happy to have you here with us. 

I know that this was posted last week but I wanted to add some additional information that I was able to gather when we shared your posts with leadership. The chat should have been on during this time and functioning, so we apologize for any frustration or difficulty this may have caused. 

Additionally, we wanted to let you and the community know that we have heard your feedback about support needs and we are actively working to provide a better experience for all users.  We are scaling up our support team to meet the tremendous growth that we have been seeing recently. Also, we are planning to open up opening up synchronous support to all plan levels.

While we do not have an exact ETA for these changes, we will make sure that we keep everyone in the loop!

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Chappy
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue. No support for 4 days. Did you find a livechat? I am also supposed to have the chat function but I cannot find it.  

Yes, i did finally find the LIVE CHAT.  it magically appeared on TUESDAY morning, in the support page.   We had to scroll down DOWN, as the page is more then one screen.  it is oddly anchored to the bottom of the page (vs at the bottom of your screen.)      

LIVE CHAT support was closed on Monday (memorial day for USA), but they forget not all users are in the USA. 

I had raise my issue a number of times, so you may need to do the SAME to get the attention you need. 

Email reply turnaround is roughly 1-2 days, if ever.   Chat wait times for me were about 45 min...   

Good luck. 

Chappy
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your update. It is very helpful.

Can I ask one question? Do you have a LIVE CHAT as advertised as "a chat with one of our support agents to get your questions answered right away"? Since you mentioned chat wait times I wonder if you could chat with an actual support person... I found a chat button but I only got a yes/no question and a programmed option menus leading to a certain help page, not a live chat with an actual person. Thank you!

That's a loaded question!  haha..  

So IMHO, the support ecosystem is extremely flawed in execution,  it could be a relic they never really fixed, or just haven't yet upgraded.  LIVE CHAT eventually leads you to a live person, but they make you jump through hoops (ie. if self-help can answer your question, you don't need LIVE CHAT).   

Each time i always have to answer a "here is an answer. is it useful?"  at least 2-3 times, resulting in a "how would you like your support  ?  Chat or Email".     once the chat button showed up as "UNKNOWN".        If you get to the "real" LIVE CHAT, you will see what # you are in the queue.   our most recent support ticket shows us as #55 in Queue, and it took appro 45 min..   YMMV.  

I would like to see ETA or Wait times.  

WHEN you finally get a live person, they are usually pretty helpful.   Remember to ask ALL the questions, and don't close out until you are satisfied of your answer.  Your ticket will be recorded, and your whole chat session will be in your SUPPORT Tickets, in case you need to see the log again.   

Good luck. 

Chappy
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much! It is very helpful!!

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Thank you both for being a part of our community, we are so happy to have you here with us. 

I know that this was posted last week but I wanted to add some additional information that I was able to gather when we shared your posts with leadership. The chat should have been on during this time and functioning, so we apologize for any frustration or difficulty this may have caused. 

Additionally, we wanted to let you and the community know that we have heard your feedback about support needs and we are actively working to provide a better experience for all users.  We are scaling up our support team to meet the tremendous growth that we have been seeing recently. Also, we are planning to open up opening up synchronous support to all plan levels.

While we do not have an exact ETA for these changes, we will make sure that we keep everyone in the loop!

@Manager-Erin wrote:

How can I reach out to chat support team? 

Hello @bb2023

Thanks for reaching out and for being a part of our community. The following help center article should help you out with this. 

Get the Help You Need

Hopefully this helps you out, 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood Community Manager 

eastmeetswestus
New Contributor

Seems like Shipstation just disables the Chat whenever they see fit. The link "Get the Help You Need" does NOT work. When you scroll down and click "contact us" it just reloads the same page over and over. This shipping platform is EXTREMELY buggy, quite frankly, we are looking for another shipping platform. I've had issue with combining order for MONTHS now and their solution was to "turn off the new layout" and use the old one (which does work) but the back and forth is ridiculous. Additionally, the date of customers orders do not match up from our Shopify orders to Shipstation. For example, Sandy ordered something on 5.2.23, however on Shipstation is shows up as 5.3.23. I had to file a BBB complaint to receive any response, which was weeks later. Issues still not solved and now I can't even get in contact with support.

Hello @eastmeetswestus

Thank you for participating in our community and for letting us know you need some assistance.  If the link addressing how to get into contact with support is not working for you, I have added the steps below for everyone to easily access. 

How to contact ShipStation Support 

Log in to ShipStation. Then, click on Get Help in the help menu Get Help icon. Black Question mark, inside of a gray circle, inside of a black square.. You will be redirected and automatically logged in to the ShipStation help center.

Get Help menu drop-down revealed and Get Help option selected.

Can't log in? Email support@shipstation.com to open a ticket.

Click on the chat widget icon in the help center to open it. The chat widget will appear in the lower right corner of the ShipStation help center as long as you are logged in.

Green square with white text bubble. This icon appears in the Help Center and can be clicked to chat with Support team.

In regards to your personal inquiry with our support team, I was able to take a look at this for you and I see that there was a reply this morning just a little after your post. Please feel free to DM me if you did not receive this message. 

Kind Regards, 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager