cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Packing Slip & Product SKU to Confirm Correct Product

lisaj
New Contributor

Looking for how to use mobile app to scan and verify product. Workflow is: Print Packing Slip & Postage > take packing slip to product bin > Scan Product barcode (not order, but specific product) and then scan barcode on Bin to confirm. Move to next product. Postage would already have been purchased and order closed. I just want to confirm Packing Slip/Product Barcode & Barcode on Product (bin).

I know I could use GroovePacker to do this but would love to just use SS if possible.

3 REPLIES 3

Howdy @lisaj

Welcome to our community! We are absolutely ecstatic to have you joining us 🙂 

When it comes to mobile scanning feature, you are right on the money. Currently ShipStation doesn't have a verify option available thru the mobile app. The knowledge base article about scanning barcodes with the ShipStation mobile app confirms for us that we are only able to use that feature, at this time, for the "view" or "search" action options. 

There is a feature request in our system for Scan to verify via the mobile app and I absolutely encourage you to vote/comment on this post to make your voice heard for this request to our product team! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

I'd comment on the suggestion you linked above, but the link you gave goes to a 404 error. 

@shipping20 

So sorry that link isn't functioning properly! This new link for the Scan to Verify via Mobile App should navigate you to the proper ideas post 🙂 

Thanks for the heads up! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!