cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
service41
Frequent Contributor

I was fine with the old version.  Then I got a message from SS saying they were forcing everyone to the "new improved" version.   So I go ahead and move over to the new version and its like 5 times slower to get a label printed.  I can't believe it!   I thought maybe it was my browser so I switched from Firefox to Chrome.   Nope!  It's still slow.   I mean ridiculously slow.  I'll type stuff in and it shows up on the screen 10-15 seconds later.    When I click print label it says "Purchasing label from carrier" for about 20-30 seconds until the label finally appears.    It's very reminiscent of applications on PCs around 1990 vintage working over 2400 baud modem connections.

This is progress????

18 Comments
david_dean
Frequent Contributor

Every  time I open an order it takes a few seconds for various fields to load, and the UI is frozen until that happens.  The loading fields seem to be inventory status and customer tax information.  I disabled inventory because I don't really use it and that no longer loads.  But it still takes a while for the tax information to load.  Is it possible to disable that so that orders open quickly?

Also, neither of these fields caused these problems in V2.  Why was this problem introduced in V3?

BC-Shipping
Frequent Contributor

I thought it was just my computer. Other websites are functioning normally, but ShipStation definitely has a lag to it. I also noticed that shipping prices seem to change randomly after an order is shipped. We log each one, so when I first enter the cost and then go back a look at it a 2nd time, some seem to change. This should definitely be a beta and not the only version to use.

delslp
Contributor

It is SO very slow. I could create a label in half the time with the old version. Takes forever to load, forever to purchase shipping label, and to print. All the while the large modals stay on top telling you everything the system is slooooowly trying to accomplish. I absolutely dread creating labels with this new version. 🙁 Split orders don't give product prices/total, so I have to open up my ecommerce app, find the order, then manually calculate what the insurance value should be for each shipment.  Too many issues to even begin to list them...

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

It seems that the "tax information" field loads quickly when viewing the order in the sidebar, but slow when opening the order in its own window.  This feels a lot like a pretty simple bug and it would be a nice improvement to the poor V3 user experience if this could be fixed ASAP.

Hello there! 

Thank you for providing this feedback to us. Hearing from you about this type of performance experience is very helpful indeed. 

I know that we are working on a great many changes/fixes currently, and if/when I hear anything along these lines on the way, I will update this thread accordingly! 

david_dean
Frequent Contributor

Maybe while all the new bugs are worked out you can let us use V2, that everyone was happy with?

Hi there, thanks for this feedback! 

We’re committed to continuously improving the ShipStation experience for all of our users, and feedback like this helps us plan for the future. In the meantime, please feel free to check out the following resources for more help getting started with the new layout:  

BC-Shipping
Frequent Contributor

Second Monday in a row I did not finish my shipments in time for pickup due to the full V3 system lag. Every entry causes a lag before moving on to the next field and printing the labels takes 2-3 times as long now. 

sales358
First-timer

We were just forced to move over today, and that was one of the first things we noticed. Labels take forever to print now, which will in no way be feasible during the peak season. I hope they get it fixed sooner than later.

service41
Frequent Contributor

@BC-Shipping wrote:

Second Monday in a row I did not finish my shipments in time for pickup due to the full V3 system lag. Every entry causes a lag before moving on to the next field and printing the labels takes 2-3 times as long now. 

Here we are 2 months later and it's still laggy and slow as heck.   I put a stopwatch on the time from clicking the "Print Label" button until the label finally appears in the print preview popup - 54 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This  fiasco is really unbelievable.   I worked in IT for 25 years - no way this performance would be tolerated by my employers.