cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian11
First-timer (legacy)
We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails if we could easily message to these people on a regular basis while they are waiting on their order to ship.
65 Comments
heather15
First-timer (legacy)
we agree. our products are all made to order and it would be great if shipstation could show some kind of progress on those orders...like they go from received to being produced to being received in shipping...it would save us a ton of customer support emails.
tinman
First-timer (legacy)
I check back weekly to see if this has moved up the priority chain. :) Another idea to attach to it.... if said emails would be logged into another "notes" category called "email."
travis13
First-timer (legacy)
Throw me on the list!
admin224
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to send an e-mail on demand from within Shipstation (e.g. where order delay or out of stock). You could simply click on an order and select the e-mail form you want to send and it would send it at that time (rather than sending an e-mail on shipment or on import). I think this would be fairly easy to implement and would allow a user to send a user an e-mail (containing automatic fields) in cases such as an address verification fail or there is a delay.
chris107
First-timer (legacy)
YES YES YES! This feature seems like a no-brainer. ShipStation users need a way to bulk update customers on the status of their orders. There is currently no way to do this in our selling platform.
anthony14
First-timer (legacy)
Hello, I talked with Greg S. regarding Ship Station automatically sending out emails for any cancel/void type shipments. I was told I would have to manually check off the cancel/void as sent, and modify an email template to send out to customer that the order was cancelled. I'd like this option to be added. "Email receipt when an order is cancelled/voided." Thanks.
sales480
First-timer (legacy)
Is this feature available yet?
chris107
First-timer (legacy)
Lots of users and I have actually already voted on a similar feature-request here: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/2982964-a... We would definitely love the ability to manually send customers emails from ShipStation. We're a made-to-order business, so it would be nice to send customers delay notices. It would also be nice if this worked with the automation features, so we could automatically send an email to customers after their order is X days old. This currently does not work because the automation rules only get applied on import, and it's impossible for an order to be imported that is more than 0 days old, so the rule never gets applied.
sales392
First-timer (legacy)
i would love this. i stopped doing pre-orders on items that are on their way to my warehouse because if the delivery is delayed, i would get tons of emails from customers asking whats when we will ship. this idea will allow us to get more sales sooner.
Bobby_M
Contributor
Yes! Why didn't I think of it? When I email customers I have to type in a subject line that contains the relevant order number so I can make decisions upon reply. Just having ss populate this would be a huge time saver.