cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
spryllc
First-timer (legacy)
Please enable a feature that you can choose what printer will print labels. To be more specific: we want to print International Priority and express with the regular printer and the rest of the labels in the 4x6 printer.
94 Comments
darren11
First-timer (legacy)
Yes I really need this!
Sales601
First-timer (legacy)
Also would be good for me! I need to print a packing slip on a regular piece of paper and shipping label to a 4x6 which is two different printers.
jrhodes
First-timer (legacy)
Something new came up today regarding this feature. End User wanted to be able to optionally print the Customs Forms to a different printer than the label printer because she sends them as 8.5 x 11 in an shipping pouch instead of adhering to box. This burns a lot of her label stock.
info1095
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, you actually cannot adhere the customs forms needed for Priority Mail International directly to box. USPS says you have to put the forms in a pouch. With the shipping program we have used in the past, the Priority Mail International forms automatically print to our desktop printer with two forms per page. When would then cut the pages in half and stick them in a pouch. With Shipstation, these forms print onto 4 labels automatically. I then have to go into the shipments page and reprint the labels onto paper. They print out onto 4 pieces of paper and we then have to trim the access paper off. I considered sticking the labels in the pouch without peeling off the backing, but was concerned about whether the post office could stamp them without smearing.
Bryce3
First-timer (legacy)
I typically open the "General Settings" in a separate tab in my browser, and switch between formats when required. We normally use the 8.5x11 label/invoice, but for many of our "daily deals," we only use 4x6 thermal labels.
shop34
First-timer (legacy)
This would be helpful for us as well. We currently use the 8.5x11 labels, but it would be nice to print to the blank labels on one printer, and to the UPS-supplied labels on another printer, and the UPS International on a third printer.
mark55
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed, assigning a printer to a label would be fantastic. I have the same challenge, manually switching between 4x6 for my FedEx and 8.5x11 for my USPS Priority International. Having to change general settings from shipment to shipment doesn't make much sense.
mark55
First-timer (legacy)
You might want to add your vote(s) to this similar feature request that has been gaining some momentum. http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/2420804-p...
mark55
First-timer (legacy)
And, it is nearly impossible to do what we would like, one facility shipping mostly international (8.5x11) the other mostly domestic (4x6). The label format should not be a general setting, but perhaps user-specific in our case. Or, maybe order specific so a rule can set the label for international orders.
mark55
First-timer (legacy)
I think this feature is very closely related to this one: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/3032577-m... Can they be merged?