cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
sachin86
First-timer (legacy)
Usually, you can purchase thermal labels with a doc tab addition on top of the typical 4x6" label. Well, on other programs like ShipRush, we should be able to print item names/packing slip information on the doc tab. This is really really useful!
63 Comments
tkriplean1
First-timer (legacy)
Would like to see support added for thermal label size of 4X8. We use that size for WorldShip today so we have freight amount/other details on bottom tear off tab.
gift
First-timer (legacy)
Would like end of day reports to reflect all shipments and not just ground shipments.
lynn8
First-timer (legacy)
The label is a 4 x 6.75 with a .5in separate tab on the bottom of the label that can hold information regarding the order. ShipRush would put the date label created, postal code, tracking number and shipping method. Use this link to FedEx that fully explains the doc tab. http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/WebServices/MyWebHelp/Forms-Labels-Reports/r_Doc-TabConfig... You would need to add a new shipping label on the Settings page for label to use. I would really also like this feature!
chad6
Occasional Contributor
This would be very useful! Thoughts on making this possible: I can see having the option for customizing a packing slip template that supports the small format of the doc tab, then choosing the option to print the labels with packing slip similar to the option already available - only it would print the packing slip to the doc slip on the label rather than requiring an entirely separate label.
kamieh
First-timer (legacy)
Please. All it needs is a bit of a summary in the 2"x4" second label! ๐Ÿ™‚ It would let us retain a physical copy of the tracking number to apply to our in-house invoices.
lee4
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to use a label size of 4"x8.25" perforated label. With the perforated portion of the label being 2.25". When we ship an order UPS the perforated part of the label goes to accounting and has the shipping cost, tracking number and other information on it that then goes with the paperwork they keep. This also tells them what to charge for shipping. I am sure other SS users would like to have more options for the type/size of labels used when shipping. Without this I have more steps to shipping which we are trying to have less steps.
admin68
First-timer (legacy)
We need this as well for our internal records. I was amazed shipstation did not support it when every other piece of software we use does (even stamps.com directly will let us print doc labels). Going back to 4x6 labels in the printer is not an option for us because we use other smaller carriers that shipstation does not support, all of which use the doc label as well.
tmoore
First-timer (legacy)
This would be incredibly helpful for us. We use UPS' 4x8 Thermal Label with the 2" perforation. We use this tab to keep track of serial numbers after shipment. I would love to be able to assign custom fields (customer name, order number, tracking number) to the tear off. We are handwriting this information currently. PLEASE!!!!!!
admin68
First-timer (legacy)
Admin, Our doc labels include: (UPS) Tracking number, ship method, date, package number and the total packages in the shipment, up to 4 reference numbers (one is the order number), declared value, any and all fees associated with the package each with their own line item, cod amount, indicator flags for large package and dangerous goods, box weight (dimensional and actual), total shipment weight, and our rates for both published and negotiated shipping costs. (USPS) Tracking number, order number, date, cost, weight, mailing class, 1 reference number, and the customer's name. Of these the UPS one is the most useful. Both of these labels get placed on an internal copy of the invoice which we use to compare our weekly billing statements with UPS to make sure they did not do anything funny and over charge us or add some correction fee. Additionally we use them as a quick reference if we ever have to file a claim, or look up a tracking number for an order because it stays with the paperwork. It is basically an offline copy that we use often for reference. Without these labels we would have to hand write most of this information on the orders for our records. If you have an email I can send you pictures of example labels and their doc tabs if you would like.
kamieh
First-timer (legacy)
It acts as a pseudo receipt of shipping info (tracking number, details, etc) that can be directly applied to our copy of a PO that we file. Basically a physical copy of the shipping details. We use it with stamps.com that way. I am sure there are other uses, but this is how we use it. Not to mention the fact that we get these labels and currently don't have any use for the lower portion when using SS.