cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any updates re: V3 improvements?

_Mia_
Contributor

It's been nearly 10 weeks since my company was forcibly switched over to V3 and all the issues it has. We've stuck it out in the hopes that these issues would be fixed and that it was just a bumpy rollout, as often happens. But there has been literally zero improvement to V3 and it remains a disaster that has literally doubled the time it takes to ship orders.

Additionally, there has been zero communication about the progress on these issues, despite it being promised in the New Layout Feedback Announcement.

We have heard your calls for more transparency and communication. Going forward, we plan to be as communicative and transparent as possible with you about this new layout and the work being done to address your blockers. 

To aid in this effort we have created a brand new feedback section of the community specifically to address migration issues and concerns. All feedback and suggestions about the new layout will be migrating over to this section within the coming week so we have everything all in one space. A task force will be reviewing all posts and comments from this section on a weekly basis to prioritize fixes where possible and address provided feedback internally.  We will also publish content to show you what is currently happening, what might be blocked, and what is planned where possible. 

We're begging you to tell us what's going on. V2/Legacy was an excellent program that was fast, reliable, and powerful. Literally everything about V3 is a step back.

And the worst part is that this post will likely be moved by the mods to the "New Layout Feedback" section without any kind of response. They just hide stuff there as a PR move but it seems they have no intention of actually listening to their paying customers.

4 REPLIES 4

vinylstoragesol
Occasional Contributor

I can't believe how bad this whole transition has been. Great case study on how to piss off customers and kill a business!

happily
Occasional Contributor

Check out ShippingEasy - I've been on ShipStation in multiple businesses for 10+ years and Im done over this V3 stuff too.  I mean its literally almost unusable between the slowness, errors, not printing labels, not sending notifications, no support at all, etc.  I think they might be going under soon to be honest, this seems like a case of a company that cut way back and has no staff left to do anything but autopilot basically until its shutdown.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @_Mia_ and @vinylstoragesol,

Just wanted to let you know that we've updated several of the statuses over the last few weeks, including a large batch that has been updated today. If there are any ideas that you're anxious for updates on, please check it out. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

@Manager-Erin

I did look at those threads and they all had their statuses updated without comment. I'd hardly call that communication. There are many issues that were reported almost a year ago that have been in 'investigating' purgatory for all that time. It often feels that's simply a way to dodge complaints so you can point to it and say 'we're working on it!'. Frankly, shipstation has long ago lost any goodwill I had so I no longer believe you deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Here are the questions we need answered:
1. What do you see as the most important bugs/issues and the priority to fix first?
2. What kind of timetable do you expect on those fixes? (I understand sometimes it's hard to give a completely accurate estimate but give us a ballpark--peak season is starting and we need to know).

3. What is the status of the progress on these issues? (Trying/unable to replicate, diagnosed the issue and working on a fix, testing the fix, etc.)