cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error message when closing USPS shipments

SkylinePrint
New Contributor

I have been having an issue for several months now when I try to close shipments from a previous day to generate a scan form. For example yesterday I printed 86 labels, but I forgot to close the shipments and print the scan form since I wasn't planning on going to the post office until today. Now today, when I try to close my 86 open shipments from yesterday, I get an error message saying: "One or more of these packages have already been scanned by USPS." There is absolutely no chance that any of the packages have been scanned by USPS. The same error occurs if I select individual packages and try to close them one at a time. The error doesn't seem to occur if I close the shipments before the end of that same business day. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.13.55 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @SkylinePrint

Welcome to the community! We are so happy to have you collaborating with us! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

When we try to close shipments on a day that doesn't match the Ship Date, this can happen. USPS shipments can't be closed after their ship date has passed. We recommend closing the EOD by 9pm local time. 

I see that you've already started up a ticket with our support team and that is absolutely the right call! They will be able to investigate your account directly and get you back to shipping like normal. 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

mycroft
New Contributor

what was the solution.   I have the same problem..

Howdy @mycroft

My recommendation if you are also seeing this behavior is to reach out to our support team so that your account instance can be specifically and directly investigated ๐Ÿ™‚ 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

ordersmaya
New Contributor

You say contact us, but we can't find a solution. It would be nice to see how many cases we have opened.

FlowState
First-timer

There is still no solution to this? Shipstation's support team is awful and just keeps blaming us when clearly there is a bug that needs to be fixed... garbage 

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @FlowState

Thank you for being a part of our community and for reaching out to us. 

I can understand not being able to close your forms out the next day could be a little frustrating at best. However, this is not something that ShipStation can control as the requirements for EOD are dictated by each carrier directly and not our software. In this case, USPS guidelines prevent you from creating SCAN forms for shipments with a Ship Date in the past. You can close only the present day's or future days' shipments.

I have included a screenshot from our End of Day help center article in regards to guidelines for this carrier. 

Hopefully this helps you out. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager